TOTAL BWF WORLD Championships 2015-Day 6(15th August 2015)- SEMI FINALS

Discussion in 'World Championships 2015' started by blabl, Aug 14, 2015.

1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Maheswari is the creative one between the two. Polli is the workhorse. I just hope ZYL is spent and out of gas after the XD will be played earlier.

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

3. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

By the way, I've just checked and Lin Dan has never even made a final in a Indonesia tournament? That's a very interesting statistic. He's made 3 finals in Malaysia, but never won?

6. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I wonder how many World Champs and Olympic Golds Lin Dan would have won if more of those tournaments were held in Malaysia or Indonesia?

7. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

“Today, I played with more consistency. Hu Yun was so fired up to beat me that even the way he walked and behaved on court was so different. I have never seen him shouting so much.”

Have I been watching a different match? :D

8. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

My mistake, Lin Dan won world champs in 2007, in Malaysia. However, seems he's never won anything in Indonesia. Something about Indonesia exposes his weaknesses?

9. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Reminds me of "Tito Toni told me Roger is the best. I am nothing. I just try." etc. etc. etc. from the world greatest current MS tennis player.

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Four defending champions on course, China WS slump performance continued

The semifinal is on the way with some clashes are predicted earlier but as usual there're some suprises which often happen in gala tournament...

Upsets by upsets happen, recent MD All England winner Boe/Mogensen succumbed to Liu XL/Qiu ZH yesterday. Another flop outcome by the Chinese WS trio who dominated top tier tournaments last year failed to reach final four but China still has most number players in semifinal, 6 representatives with 1 final ticket has been secured through XD discipline, followed by host INA with 4 semifinal slots.

Let's take a look who will through to last round tomorrow?

MS discipline semifinal is almost going to the script based on the seeding position. Top two seed had different quarterfinal story, Chen Long experienced sudden death drama in gruelling match against well improved Axelsen while Jorgensen outmaneuvered five times World Champion Lin Dan in quick straight-sets. The Chinese ace Chen L will face fast rise Momota who run smoothly en route to last four and nothing is impossible for young Japanese to keep going in this tournament. Big match will be scheduled on evening session, Lee CW v Jorgensen. Based on limping head to head (12-1), the Malaysian star has advantage to taste finale once again.

Worst and disaster outcome for Chinese ladies as this is the first time they fail to bag any medal in World Championships arena since their first participation in 1983. In contrary, home WS Lindaweni Fanetri create a breakthrough here to bag at least bronze medal. The last time INA WS won WC medal was Susi Susanti at Lausanne, SUI back to 1995 edition. Title holder Carolina Marin looks unstoppable to repeat her last year huge successful unless Sung JH will offer something extraordinary to cope the energetic Spaniard. Indian darling Saina Nehwal finally reach WC semifinal and she will up against local favourite and sensational Fanetri who steal the show here at her homesoil.

The blockbuster MD showdown is last match of tomorrow's order of play, two strong favourites Lee YD/Yoo YS v Ahsan/Setiawan. World #1 cruised into semifinal with convincing style while home hopeful is struggling and under pressure en route to this stage. From bottom half, one intriguing clash, a rematch of 2013 All England final, Endo/Hayakawa v Liu XL/Qiu ZH will cross sword to book their first ever WC final berth. Both ties should be close contest according to their statistics.

CHN, DEN, JPN and host INA have 1 representative each in WD department, the on fire home hero Polii/Maheswari will challenge the Olympic Champion Tian Q/Zhao YL. Danish best Pedersen/Juhl is favoured to win over Japanese underdog Fukuman/Yonao who knocked out second seed Luo Ying/Luo Yu at previous round. Both Pedersen and Juhl will be extra motivated to redeem their losing in mixed doubles category.

Local hero Ahmad/Natsir is surrounded by three Chinese XD, a classic rivalry between this former World Champion v reigning world champion Zhang/Zhao. The Chinese star has positive head to head record against the Indonesian but most of their encounters always tight and balanced. Second seed Xu/Ma enjoys their favourable draw and is favoured to book final spot once again and today they will oppose their junior Liu C/Bao YX who got free semi ticket due to Adcock/Adcock walkover.

11. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    The organizer should have let Z/Z play first. If they win, the Chinese coaches will let Liu/Bao and Xu/Ma fight to death. Otherwise, I think Liu/Bao will give the match to Xu/Ma because they have a better chance again the INA pairs.

12. ronk

ronk Regular Member

I also noticed on China player in WS. Also no Danish female in WS. Usually,the non China female is from Denmark.

13. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    Initial prediction

MS : LCW
    WS : RAT
    MD : LYD
    WD : TQ/ZXL
    XD : XC/MJ

all standing except WS , after Quarters , i'll change it to SAINA :D

14. victor_rs

victor_rs Regular Member

i want carolina defend champs..

15. ronk

ronk Regular Member

XD match has started. I am not that interested in watching the all china game but may go to sleep soon.

16. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    well. Saina did play so long yesterday.. Linda have more recovery time.. China looks dangerous in XD. Their key is their ZN/ZYL.. and they will be against the indonesians.. That will be a battle. REALLY hope that Chen long lose.. Been a while that MS final doesn't have a chinese player there.

17. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    I really wouldn't underestimate Linda... it's gonna be a tough semifinal for Saina. There's no saying she won't win this WC if Saina makes it to the final... it's anyone's game really. MD: it'll depend almost entire on Mohd Ahsan... if he can cut down on mistake at the net... then INA is assured a spot in the finals. I'm guessing it's gonna be a really fast paced game. XD: no upset expected here. ZN/ZYL should take the title easily, if they get past Towi/Butet. LCW vs Jan O: I'll just wait till the match starts before making speculation. Jan O has been absolutely stunning... he mentally destroyed LD with a giant lead in both games. LCW better show more aggression if he dreams of silver or gold, and huge amounts of it.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Heck, TV broadcast being delayed by tennis, Tsonga vs Murray, so boring, annoying.

19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Xu Chen and Ma Jin just lost the opening game 21-13 against their compatriots Liu/Bao.

20. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Low quality affair so far. Bao/Liu take the first set.