Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    I'very tried the XP60 and XP70 from RKEP and didn't find them close to MX'S feeling

I managed to get a TK9900 (EU version without stripes and mate finish) and found it very crispy on the first session.
    But as sevex said, the balance isn't the same either.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I can recommend you to try some Forzas. The 88-holes rackets have the same painful pattern and the thicker shafts should also be a + in terms of feel. Easier available here in Europe than Fleet and Rkep. AFAIK Rkep comes from the same OEM as Forza.

3. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Rkep are ashaways from what I've seen. The XP's are vipers, even the head stickers match.

visor likes this.
  4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Ditto. One of the new range looks identical paint wise to rkep xp80. Tcx80 maybe.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

5. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    The designs and layouts are pretty similar. I think that RKEP, Ashaway, Forza and a few others come from the same OEM manufacturer.

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    It wouldn't be a surprise if fleet was their oem.

7. terranerbana

terranerbana Regular Member

From what I have heard, Germany (therefore Europe) will get Jetspeed 10 and Jetspeed 12 in a 3U version. It might be that it will be as a special and limited edition.

8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Sounds like apple tactics. "We have an upgrade for you" :mad:
    They fouled me once with the MX80. First 3U MX80OC and than they brought the MX80N. I was so happy to stay with MX80 3U and they only brought 4U. :mad:

9. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I'd also love to try out a TK 7000S in 3U. Is it available anywhere?

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You mean the updated red/white colored one, right? The only source in Europe I've found for the 4U is directbadminton. Not even the big asian shops liked Racquetforce have it on stock an they don't know if and when they will get another shipment. Pretty weird for a racket that is used by the current world's #1 in WS. Or more like another typical stroke of genius from the Victor marketing guys.

11. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I don't care about the colour scheme. If it's 3U, it can be barbie pink and lemon yellow for all I care.

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The red/white one has also been updated with the HardCored shaft which is supposed to be a noticeable improvement on feel in the JS12 and others.

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I thought hard cored is in the frame not the shaft?

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hmmmm... now you caught me off balance. I thought it was a shaft thing, but I wouldn't bet money on it. And I can't display the tech description on http://www.victorsport.com/mobile/product_detail_30735.html by mobile phone. Bugger.

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Here ya go mate. Straight off your link.
    [​IMG]

s_mair likes this.
  16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Okaaay.... Thanks! It's a frame thingy then. As long as it gives a better feel, I don't care actually where it's in or even what it is.

Ch1k0 likes this.
  17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I'll agree with ya. But having a 4UG5 TK7000S. It's pretty darn solid. I don't see a need for improvements really. But it's nice to see the even higher tension warranty. I especially like that it's properly stiff for a 4/4 unlike the HX800. That disappointed by being too whippy.

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I'm not the guy that judges by appearance, but the yellow/purple first version is so darn ugly that I just couldn't make myself buying it.
    I have tested it in a casual club night's match though and was pretty happy with how it played. I seriously think it's a highly underrated racket (due to the colors?!) which could suit quite a lot of players out there. Kind of an easier to use TK9000 with a certain extra turbo-boost due to the slightly smaller head. I seriously consider getting one of updated ones before Victor starts producing it for TTY exclusively.

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Yeah. It pretty much is their most underrated TK. Didn't help that they marketed it aa being the racket of someone most people will never recognise

20. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I guess that most people who spend their money for a highend always hunt for the highest number or go for that what the pros use or what BC hypes at the moment. I doubt that a racket used by a WS player will gain any sells. MS true, because of the idol effect. That's sad, but we also live in a sad world.

The Thrusters will be in the bin next year. I bet my nuts on that. The 9900 issues and strange moves are a sign that there is a new line coming. IMO each line had a racket which got sold like hot cakes and a bunch of underestimated rackets. IMO Victor puts to many stopgaps with different weights into the line so it's difficult to gain attention for each racket and the european customers always get the **** end of the stick. Yonex give every racket room and time for the release and respond to the market, while Victor comes with the flood of LTD, Power, Control in 3U,4U and 5U and when they arrive here, they are dead stock or only available as super special limited order for nearly 200€. I just pull the trigger at 150€ or less because I always need to buy a few and sadly I know the prime costs of the rackets, which makes me not to burn my money.

s_mair likes this.