Victor racket maps

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by angle409, Apr 1, 2008.

1. junsin_junior

junsin_junior Regular Member

where do i get victor rackets from in singapore??

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    The Superwaves 33 power/control have arrived in Singapore. The cosmetics look good imho. Not sure of prices but those based in Singapore can drop by the Victor 'showroom' at Ang Mo Kio Central hawker centre to take a look, details as follows:

Block 724 #01-73
    Ang Mo Kio Ave 6
    Operating Hours: 10.30am to 3.30pm
    Closed on Mondays and Public Holidays
    Contact Person: Chris Aw
    Mobile: 9238 7284

3. limak

limak Regular Member

Nice chart, but hardly applicable in Europe, where (with a few exemption) only German Victor is sold. Best known German models:
    Inside Wave 6000, 5000
    Super Inside Wave 32, 31
    Dual Pipe 9000, 8000
    ATB Magan 7000, 6500
    Ripple Power 12, 11

www.victor-sport.de

I think, that sometimes its only rebrand of Asian models:confused::
    Ripple Power is Power Wave,
    Super Inside Wave is Super Wave IMO.

4. blacvios

blacvios Regular Member

Gala sports at queensway also selling the new SW33C, SW33P and PW10 all at $159.

5. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    Bro, looking at a new PW?;) Anyway, I have asked Classic to help me check out the price. Will keep you posted.

6. MeChey

MeChey New Member

students
    hello, if you want to know more about victor please enter www.victorsport.com ,maybe i can make some translation for you,sorry my English is so prool...

7. blacvios

blacvios Regular Member

Sure bro will check with artric, they used to be the cheapest source of victor but don't know whether mr Lim still bring them in.

8. ignatio103

ignatio103 Regular Member

it
    Mas Agent/dealer/shop

Anyone has any info of KL/PJ agents or shops selling?:confused:

9. arcaloveher

arcaloveher Regular Member

Engineer
    Yeah i wana know too, most of the shop dont carry this brand

10. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    SW33P for SGD$145 at Classic. with string, grip and one Victor T-shirt. But must order, because he only got one pc for me to try first.

11. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Write a review after u try it!

12. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    Review: Superwaves 33 Power

Thanks to Soh, I got my racket today. Went to try it just now.
    also thanks to some kind souls at TPYSH who let me play with them for 45mins.
    Racket: Victor Superwaves 33 Power 4UG2
    (the review will compare to my 4U SW32 and 3U SW31)

Initial feel:
    Racket was light and slightly top-loaded. Balance and weight was roughly the same of a 4U AT900T, which was surprising, considering that Victor usually makes their 4U rackets exceptionally light. Frame was very sturdy, like my SW31, did not budge even when I pulled and pressed at it. Shaft when flexed with my hands, felt roughly the same as my other SW32.

After stringing, the racket is definitely head heavy. I like the feel, light yet a bit head heavy for me to get enough power.

Tried it out. The first couple of shots were comfortable and effortless. Control was easy, due to its lightness, and manuverablility was similar to SW32. Though I only had a couple of smashes, they were enough to convince me that the racket is able to generate more power than a SW32. The racket was less demanding and more forgiving than the SW31, due to the slightly less stiff shaft, but nevertheless, it would be sufficient for most intermediate to advance players. Net plays were okay(though not as tight as SW32), clears were good, and i could return shots in a fast and tight rally, something which I couldn't always do with SW31.

Overall, I feel that the SW33P is a cross between SW31 and 32. To sum it up, this racket has the lightness and manuverability, and the power to top it off.

Power: SW31 > SW33P > SW32
    Manuverability: SW32> SW33P > SW31
    Stiffness: SW31 > SW33P => SW32
    Defense: SW32 > SW33P > SW31
    Offense: SW33P > SW31 > SW32 (SW31 has more power, but not easy to produce it during play, hence the rating)

This is definitely a more all-rounded racket that Victor has made. I used to wonder what would it feel like to have a racket that can moveas fast as a 32, yet can generate enough power like a 31. Well, this is the closest that it can get. But until I try it further, i am reluctant to say that SW33P is a better racket than SW31/32. To me, there is definitely something lacking in this racket: character. With 31, I know i have a demanding racket that i know will come right if when played right, and with 32, a wonderfully manuverable racket with loads of control. However, the 33P has yet to give me a kind of definitive feeling, which i can use to define the racket.

13. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    thanks for the review, now waiting for someone to get the SW33C to compare wif it

14. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    actually i wanted to get both. but after trying out the 33P today, i won't be getting the 33C. simply because 33C won't be stiff enough. I have no doubts that 33C will be a good racket, and much more playable and forgiving, but i'm sure i won't like it.

15. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

what was the difference in pricing for the 33p compared to the 32? like 10 bucks cdn?

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Victor newcomers

I'm now 90% certain that my next racket will be a Victor. I'm looking for one that's even/slightly headlight and STIFF. Looking at the racket maps, my main contenders don't appear - BS08, BS09 and the Super Inside Waves 32 and 35 (about the 35 I know nothing except that the badmintonshoponline staff love it).

Can someone put these in context for me (stiffness and balance)? I know the SW35 is unreleased at present, but if anyone with a pre-release/demo can stack it up against the others I would be eternally grateful. In short, I want a Victor that plays close to a YY NS9000X...

17. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Mark,

More on the SIW32. My approx. 86g racket (3U, but designated W-2 using the Victor weight coding) weighs 91g after stringing and grip replacement (Karakal PU). The balance point is a surprising 295mm (not the figure purported by most web sellers) and this figure has been confirmed to me as accurate by another user on BC. This would indicate a slightly head heavy racket. BUT, the weird thing is that the racket feels NOWHERE NEAR head heavy - it really is an extremely balanced racket indeed. I don't understand how this can be - the laws of physics are baffling at times. Perhaps some forum member can explain this phenonomen.

Secondly, the shaft is VERY stiff to me (I'm used to an Armortec 500 - the Victor is much stiffer). But this is a personal thing. You may not feel the same. This means that there is plenty of power there when you need it. Clears, drives and smashes are great and the control is very good (albeit not quite as good as the Kason I tried to talk you into :) - the Kason is not so stiff though). Note though that I still have the original Ashaway string on the racket, which probably hasn't got a high tension, so control may actually improve even more with a change of string at a higher tension.

What I think is that this is a racket that needs to be tested (or at least swung about a bit) as I feel it could be a love it or hate it racket for you. I would hazard a guess you would love it if you are looking for an alternative to a NS9000X. I'd like to help but Warsaw is a bit far from sunny St. Helens. Try and find someone who has this racket and give it a go.

Good luck.:)

18. roy b

roy b Regular Member

One other quicky. Not having used the NS9000 rackets, I would assume that the SIW32 would be more like the NS9000S rether than X ??? Someone with knowledge may be able to comment on this.

After all, there is very little on the market, I believe, that is as stiff as a NS9000X - except, dare I say it, some of the Apacs ???

19. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Mizuno TC700 and NS9900 are as stiff if not stiffer.

20. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Mizuno TC700 and NS9900 are as stiff if not stiffer.