Victor racket maps

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by angle409, Apr 1, 2008.

1. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Eureeka !! Sorry to be a bit off topic, but maybe some will be interested in that I think I've come across the answer to this on an old thread, courtesy of forum member Gollum.

We should think of the racket in three parts. The head, the shaft and the handle. The fulcrum when swinging the racket would be roughly where the palm meets the handle.

Now, if a racket has a heavy head, light shaft and heavy handle, it would have the same balance point as a racket with a light head, heavy shaft and light handle. However, the former would 'feel' head-heavy and the latter feel balanced.

My SIW32 is clearly the latter. Light head and handle, but a heavy, stiff shaft.The BP is rather high, so this may mean that there is a high weight in the shaft CLOSER to the head than handle, BUT the actual head is light.

I feel SOOOO enlightened. I'm gonna sleep well tonight :). Thank you Gollum, wherever you are :).

#61 roy b, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. Tadashi

Tadashi Regular Member

AE278BB6CBB7487C0FF7AE706177CDE2E45AC583 is my dig
    Is there a newer selection chart to be found somewhere anywhere?

3. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

you can always check their website. nowadays they seperate all the rackets depending on the series. e.g MX's BS's SW's etc