Videos for Badminton Technique

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Bryan Wong, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Bryan Wong

Bryan Wong Regular Member

Hello,

I'm a club level player posting all Youtube videos I come across that give quality technique/form advice. The videos are mainly sourced from two trusted channels (which is to say that the technique looks correct or fluid and their advice is sound), feel free to correct me if you don't agree. Share your Youtube videos too! Everyone here is hungry for more.

The videos:

Drives:
    • (driving those flatter smashes rather than lifting underhand)
    • (driving returns faster rather than harder)
    Backhands:
    • (follow through, use weight of swing to return to base position)
    • (basics, reducing variability when practicing initial shots, grasp the basic feel first before adding swing/power)
    Serving:
    • (deceptive form in serving, push service, mental image of push service)
    Smashing:
    Netting:
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyDx97F_sk&list=PLyJ3AVjKEQPwGD5hkl_tamKsilJwbZCX_&index=2 (This is Tago's quirky push netting style with a focus on limiting variability to improve consistency - of all the videos I posted this one is personal preference, I know my coach who was a state player in Malaysia disagrees as he believes a looser, flexible wrist and arm when approaching the net and netting gives you more aggressive options and is thus superior)

Clearing:

• https://youtu.be/OmIY1PtRctM?t=354 (Zhao Jianhua's relaxed wrist for clearing makes it so effortless - power in badminton is mostly timing, technique and weight shifting - Ignore the student, that's very incorrect technique, grip etc that makes me want to bleach my eyes out)
    Personal references for form/technique (pause and watch stroke/footwork in 0.5 playback speed):

Ganzi, visor and ralphz like this.