Who is Nguyen Tien Minh??!!

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Indonesia Open 2009' started by xymaerts, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I guess because he felt tired or something like that.

2. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    A simple "may the best man win", "I will do my best" or something that doesn't sound like a pre-determined excuse will do.

How hard is it? This is not the first time LCW talked to the press so can't say he doesn't know how to deal with them, and this is not the first time he came up with similar excuse before a tournament either (eg. pressure, coaches, and etc).:rolleyes:

Chen Long did kick the crap out of Lin Dan, and it is a fact. However, not before Chen Long kicked the crap out of LCW in India open first. haha

I don't recall Lin Dan making an excuse before the tournament even starts, do you? May be XXF did, but not coming from Lin Dan's mouth.

Accept the loss and move on, instead of giving excuses to oneself before or after the tournament. It is not that difficult.:cool:

#22 bananakid, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  3. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

don't think we are kicking AFTER he's down, we did kick, but well before his match when he WAS saying such loser statement that he's not in good form...

everyone knew Nadal was not in a good form before FO09, but did he mentioned anything rubbish about "he's not in a good form" prior to the competition?
    NO.
    Did Nadal mentioned anything rubbish about his "not-in-good-form", "food poisoning", "coach is not good enough", "not enough good team-mates for practice", etc... after his exit from FO?
    NO.
    but our badminton world#1 did have a habit in saying some coward things before and after... :(:(

why?
    Nadal is a real man, a real champion, a real hero...
    our badminton world#1 is still a boy, not yet a real champion..

I like LCW's skill and hardworking, but always upset by his continuous expression of boyish statements (or excuses)... i.e. don't have a respectable mindset / mentality... like what the Chinese say, lack of "the Great General's spirit"... (anyone know the exact wording pls correct me).

#23 Jonc108, Jun 11, 2009
  4. hermes

hermes New Member

Student
    A coward is someone who clearly has a choice between fairly letting go of the competition and taking advantage of his rival's impaired state but purposefully chooses to do the later. In this situation, I do not believe Tien Minh had a choice. What did you expect him to do? Call off the match, surrender and hand over the victory to Lee Chong Wei simply because he knew LCW was not feeling very well? This is a sport: people's successes come at the expense of others.

I personally think TM played a phenomenal game today though, considering the inadequate training conditions of his country. I don't know whether or not LCW was sick, but whatever the case is, the world's number 1 should definitely tip his hat for this Vietnamese player.

5. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

LCW should read this and reshape his statement on his grumbling about not having enough good team-mates in helping his enhancement of standards... comparing the resources NTM could get in his country and LCW's from Malaysia....

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Um, if Lee Chong Wei wasn't feeling well, was tired, was not in form, was unprepared, was unhappy with the shuttle, etc etc etc, why not simply stay away from competing?

This is an open badminton tournament, and not a coerced gladiatorial contest! After all, it would have been an easy choice to stay away since Yonex isn't the Singapore Open's main sponsor.

It's surprising how failure brings up excuses by the dozen :eek:

7. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    wow Lee C W lost to him.....hish..

8. PinkyPG

PinkyPG Regular Member

student
    super nice today... he did it... ya, being Vietnamese, i m proud of him... of course we cant shout loud to support for him as u all, alot ppl in the stadium supported for LCW today, we were worry just now, but now we are happy that he did it... bravo TM... congrat...

#28 PinkyPG, Jun 11, 2009
  9. Ti10Purple

Ti10Purple Regular Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ngovankhoi [​IMG]
    XYMAERTS, I also love Lee Chong Wei but I am happy with Tien Minh Nguyen. He is the proud of my nation.

He is the best player in Viet Nam!

We love Chong Wei's style because his style is academic, exemplary, sharp and terribly talented.

The Vietnamese badminton system is not very well organised so that some non-common talents like Tien Minh have bolted from the blue and his style is undefinable but terribly efficient.

He usually had very good 3-set matches against top players like LIN Dan, Peter GADE, BAO Chun Lai...
    Once, Taufik fell into the trap and lost the match.

But we think his present success over Chong Wei came from the recent contract with Victor and surely from his training with the Singaporian Badminton team during the last weeks before the tournament.

i think we have to agreed that a good player is measured by his skills and not by his weapon . China can win tournaments irregardless which brand of rackets they used . Be it a YY , Li Ning , Victor or whatsoever . And to say that from his training with the Singapore Badminton Team contribute to his winning over LCW , if that is so to be true , I think a lot of lower ranking players will be coming to spar with the Singapore Badminton Team to strengthen their chances of winning LD , LCW , Taufik ....... :D
    Btw , I was at Aviva 2008 and I watch Tien Minh played and I have to say his is good !

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    He is LCW slayer... hehe... ;)

11. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    Taufik, Lin D , Chen J , Lee C W & etc should now beware of him..

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

<yawn> Dont give reason cannot (then there'll threads on why, why), give reason also cannot. At the end of the day(as repeated many times), it's what the decision makers think what matters, and the decision makers dont think like sports fans.

They want a reason, if not must go see Sports Minister with thick2 report,like what happened in 2008, hehe. In short, there's no plausible reason to explain to the decision makers why LCW cant go Spore SS since he's defending champ. Sick or no sick, in form or not in form, if registered already still must play, if withdraw must pay penalty.

Oh yeah, good to see Nguyen improving. I'll root for him if not vs Msia.

#32 eaglehelang, Jun 11, 2009
  13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Ditto.
    Why go partying when you're not in the mood to party?
    LCW definitely doesn't need the ranking points for the WC or other tournaments in 2009

#33 cooler, Jun 11, 2009
  14. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Even the King of Clay loses in early round, so what is wrong with LCW's loss to a talented NTM?

I'm okay with the loss but LCW needs to be more diplomatic when answering questions to the press.

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

That's very maturely put.
    Indeed, there's nothing shameful in losing to someone who played a better game that day.

But it's quite embarrassing when someone attempts to prop up a honourable loss with theories of contractual pressure and whatnot :eek:

Give the winner his due.
    After all, he deserves it.

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Correct me if I am wrong... but I think he might be the undisputed best Vietnamese badminton player ever.... :cool: I've followed badminton for 25 years now and I don't remember any Vietnamese player that can defeat top guns like Taufik Hidayat and Lee Chong Wei... :p

Badminton in Vietnam will boom even further after his feats. I think many Vietnamese will start to believe that they can play top level badminton... ;) This is good for badminton worldwide... :cool:

17. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    afterall a win stills a win....

18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    this is just my opinion but i think credit should goes to Lin Dan first:D. You see, LD lost to ronald susilo in early round of the 04 OG which lifted singapore badminton spirit and training activity. This in turn attracted young stars from emerging countries like NTM of vietnam to go to SG to train, and led to the defeat of LCW. :D:cool::p:)

20. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

Here is a better more complicated answer to your question:

"There are quite a few very tough contenders in this tournament, (name a few), and anyone of them has what it takes to win this tournament. I will do my best and may the best man win".

How difficult is it, really? You hear from Lin Dan to the press a few times already, "LCW is the strongest competitor today, and bluh, bluh, bluh", but Lin Dan never mentions anything about his vacation, time off, or any out of form status. That way, if he wins, he is not belittling his opponent like LCW just did to poor Andrew Smith(I can still thrash you even if I am off form), or an excuse arises when he lost to Nguyen(all those excuses would not have appeared in this thread if not for what LCW said earlier).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.