Work out and training

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by jingsani, Feb 9, 2022.

1. jingsani

jingsani New Member

Im trying to find a workout regimen to improve my play. Back then I thought that I should get big muscles and such to play really well but players like LCW and LYD (they are fit not necessarily jacked) played amazingly which dont have big bulging muscles. What should I train? I know footwork is a big one but maybe stamina? flexibility I dont know haha. If anyone can give me a workout split or something that would be great!

Anything helps! thanks again.

2. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Here are some badminton specific workouts. The channel is run by professional players, so they know their stuff. And yes, definitely work on stamina.

3. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Be careful with that assumption! There goes more into knowing things about training than being a good player. You can go far without knowing why you do certain things while avoiding others.

This channel mostly has good content, but has shown that they're not afraid to throw out really bad videos where they do not know what they're doing! The video im thinking about is a stringing video, but unfortunately it shows that they're not afraid to do things they don't know much about.

4. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    Remember this is not a complete routine, you want to be getting exercises like squats in there too

5. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I'll do a better job of curating what I share in the future

6. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Overall it's a good channel, don't get me wrong! Just (like everything on the internet, especially on YouTube) don't switch off your brain. I have to admit I didn't watch this specific video, because I assume it to be totally fine. Sorry if I made it sound too negative.

The thing is that if you want to run a business off of (YouTube) content, the algorithms and the people do not ask for what's best, but they favor things that are or sound easy, but make them feel good. It's easy to see for technique, the title of a video has to include "smash" or "trick shot", otherwise people are not interested. It's not all that different with training other things. If you want to make money off if sponsors, you need exposure, so you need to make content people want to see, not content that people should see.

And again, I cannot complain aboutn this channel specifically. It's mostly on the more valuable side!

Mason likes this.