Yonex DUORA-10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Jul 1, 2015.

1. lcw the best

lcw the best Regular Member

Bomb maker
    Oops. I think I read it wrongly. Sorry. BTW how does it feel like? Heavy non heavy?

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Care to elaborate? Because that question kind of answers itself if you think about it carefully.

3. lcw the best

lcw the best Regular Member

Bomb maker
    Ok. I would think about it.

4. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    This racket looks awesome in the flesh... and it's almost impossible to mistake which side is which. If in doubt, a couple of quick swings and you'd be able to feel the slight difference!

On dry swing, feels like a cross between an NR700RP on one side, and an AT900T or Ti10 on the other... but faster. (Could be because I only swung an unstrung piece.) Which is great, cause these three rackets were fantastic!

Can't say much about feel yet until it's strung and I've hit a shuttle with it. But the frame itself feels solid and can take a lot of tension.

And all those unfounded fears and criticism about it splitting down the middle are just silly -- in the marketing video, it was only to graphically illustrate two different frame profiles. The entire profile looks to be moulded in one singular section.

Looks like this is one that will be quite a success for Yonex... if it's even quicker than the NR700RP, Ti10 and AT900T! It does feel like the one size fits all racket... a snappier ARC10 or ARC11. All this through dry swinging though... can't wait to try it out!

5. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Although it's only 3U/2U. But it's 3U still lighter than ZFII 3U. it's probably weight of 4U ZFII but Even balanced.
    Drive really impressed. Feeling like a reborn of NS9900. Really love this Beast badly. Addicted.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Interesting.

There *is* a slight but noticeable difference between the two sides.

Was hitting around for 5 mins with a club mate's racket... clears, smashes, drives, defence, etc. It was strung a few lbs lower than I'd prefer, but coming from my usual 5U JS10, it was very comfortable to swing. Very user friendly mid stiff shaft and just slightly head heavy. Quite easy to adapt to.

I tried to switch around between the two sides while trying to hit with the same strokes. Noticeably easy power on the orange side (I'm right handed) for clears and smashes, and faster swings on the green side resulting in sharper crisper strike for drives and backhand clears.

Feel was slightly number on orange side while slightly sharper on green side.

Very very interesting.

I didn't think it would make that big of a noticeable difference between the two sides. Now I'm really tempted...

#586 visor, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Hmm...2 different materials as per marketing actually working?

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah, I have no idea why and how it works... but it just works as advertised. Without any special fancy nano pyro tubule materials either...

Yonex is really onto something here.

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Now I can't wait for Friday night..

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Now I may just have to go to the store with my trusty digital scale to see if I can get my preferred weight and head weight specs...while they still have stock to choose from.

11. NIMMIN

NIMMIN Regular Member

Hey guys. I'm getting a new racket and wondering if I should get JS10 or Duora. Any suggestion? Thanks

12. visor

visor Regular Member

You probably should start a new thread for that. With info on your play level, style, singles/doubles, current racket, favourite racket etc

13. NIMMIN

NIMMIN Regular Member

I roughly know what kind of rackets I should be using. Just hoping that you guys who have tried out the Duora can compare it with JS10.

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Tbh short of being able to access a 3U JS10 I won't even try to compare them be used they're both in 2 different weight classes commercially which will (to me at least) skew any objective comparison. Simply put I can tell you right now that the JS10 is easily the winner in the field of defence and drives. 4U is just too light and quick combined with that frame. However I do believe the Duora 10 is capable of a higher power ceiling simply because it has a beefier frame and more mass. I don't even need to take it to court to make these assumptions from experience

15. NIMMIN

NIMMIN Regular Member

Thanks for sharing. :) appreciate it.

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Sure np. I can understand people wanting comparisons but when things are either of different specs or different weight classes it's actually very hard to give an objective comparison that is informative because the weight differences start to make things much more subjective in real use.

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Actually, I have a 4U and a 5U JS10 go-tos. And I've had a few mins with Duora.

And I can say the 4U JS10 has a higher power ceiling for those who can wield it than the Duora. Don't be confused by the fast speed from the compact frame, it is because of the compact frame and the pretty stiff shaft that it has excellent power.

But this power is not as easily accessible as on the Duora, which is quite user friendly with it's slightly less stiff shaft. In it's own way it is also quite fast and powerful, and more user friendly.

18. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

I'm not gonna believe the 4U JS 10 is gonna hit harder. There's comparisons to the AT 900 and ZFII for the duora. I haven't tried the duora yet.

If anything I expect the opposite, JS 10 easier to wield and accessible, then the duora having a higher max. I'm fairly sure JS 10 does not have excellent power lol.

YY are generally known for producing stiffer frames anyway.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Just out of curiosity, so that we understand where your conclusions come from, have you wielded the JS10, ZF1/2, and Duora?

20. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

I didn't come to any conclusions regarding the duora.
    tried the first three and maining the 2nd, didn't try the last.

those comparisons came from other members on BC.