Zhou Mi is now in Malaysia

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by xijiayu, Aug 2, 2006.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    hhhmmm , i don''t know chinese language :D ,

is LYB disappointed or not ?

2. kemana

kemana Regular Member

i would rather say he is angry...
    a lot of people took it as a betrayal of the country....:eek:
    poor zhoumi

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Just my 2 cents-IMO it's good if Zhou Mi can be involved with MAS

..Hmm, personally with my own observation, MAS Women's team, to be specific, hasn't made any noises lately..I mean, other than WMC, what other WS players(WS or WD) are ranked in the top or near it...Besides, what's wrong with "admitting" BAM has "failed" in bringing up players develop under their own system..Not admitting it and being proud by ignoring that they need to try a different approach won't help either..
    I mean they're not the only countries who have done so, correct??(ie. England, HK, S'pore, France, Netherlands to name a few)..Imagine if those countries don't have the imported players/coaches playing/coaching for them, where would they be??..:rolleyes:
    ?!?!..enemies??..it sounds very negative.:p i think more of healthy competitor/competition...;)
    Now, I concur whole-heartedly there, xijiayu..:cool:

#43 ctjcad, Aug 6, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

?!?! betrayal???....:confused: Zhou Mi has retired/resigned/moved on...it's her new life now..;)

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Try putting oneself in her shoes. Yes she should be grateful to China for all her past training, development and opportunities and I think she has returned these benefits in kind with her past peformances for China.

Now that she is unwanted at home, she should be allowed to consider her "future" more seriously while she is still young. And if another country finds her good enough to make a contribution and make her an offer, why stop her or call her names. What good will come out of it if she remains at home and denies herself of opportunites and happiness overseas?

6. kemana

kemana Regular Member

according to the article i posted ,some coaches and bureaucracy think when she gose abroad she will be a great threat to China team.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..?!?!..the coaches and bureaucrats think it's a "great threat" to their team if 1 of their ex(recent) player play for MAS??..boy, if that's the case, then IMO they've got some serious self-confidence..:rolleyes: :confused: :p

8. kemana

kemana Regular Member

that's what is said in that article,:)
    maybe they mean QUITE a threat , not that GREAT

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Even when Tan Kim Her was hired by Korea.. he was not labelled as betrayal. Infact Msia is happy for him. Now he might be coming back to Coach for Msia.
    Regardin ZhouMi, at the moment there is no concrete decision that ZhouMi will coach/play for Msia. Team China has no right to call her a traitor or betrayed her countrymen.. even if one day she coach for Msia. Once you are released by the BA .. then you are free to do anything. If Li Yongbo is so confident that he can produce champion.. why does he need to worry about ZhouMi. Don't be suprise if one day many Chinese players will play or coach in other country.

10. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

i tot i was LYB that kicked her back to Province/State Team after her injury?

11. kemana

kemana Regular Member

i think wherever she is playing , she is still born in china, we'll be proud of her anyway. consider football, so many super stars are playing abroad and their homelands are all so proud of them. except in WC , they all play for their own country.

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yes, China should be proud that you people are needed elsewhere. for eg Wang ZhiZhi and Yao Ming for basketball. There is a saying some people's trash may be others GOLD. I'm happy for ZhouMi too.. at least now i have excuse to go more often to the training center. :p

13. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Yup... more than great to see WCH :D Hope Zhou Mi will adapt fast to the life over there.

14. kemana

kemana Regular Member

i am not so optimistic about this, i had the feeling she can't stay there eventually

15. yannie

yannie Regular Member

why's that? if li mao can stay... i do hope she can stay too...

16. kemana

kemana Regular Member

you can read the articles i linked, just read the titles and you will get a feel of the pressure that has been put on her.

17. yannie

yannie Regular Member

ooops. thanks kemana, didn't notice... wow.... li yong bo is really MAD :eek:

18. kemana

kemana Regular Member

yeah,and i believe a lot of chinese people think she shouldn't go:eek:
    though i 'm not one of them

19. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Nothing is Wrong with admitting failure, I never suggested such a thing, I did however suggest that it is big news that a major badminton power has referred to importing players.

Netherlands, England, France, US are not major badminton powers.

Whether it is good or not for the sport is still debatable IMO. Sure it is good for malaysia as they get top sparring and new ideas and aspiration for their players.

For the sport, is it good that more and more players try to play like Chinese? If everyone tries to play like chinese you can guarantee that most will not be as good at the chinese at it, therefore the domination is made worse.

20. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

I wouldn't deny that an opportunity like this is good to improve Malaysian women's singles besides providing a learning chance..

Will importing players be an encouraging thing to do for badminton?

We have seen enough chinese players on court... It's time for us to improve ourselves... I mean it's not a right way to improve the quality of international badminton play, it will only make the gap bigger and there goes another ten years for constant countries domination on court