Zymax strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lobeh, Jul 24, 2009.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    May I remind you that the word new in their website is correct insofar as Zymax strings are concerned.
    Zymax strings had a first generation series. Now it has a new 2nd generation series. The two generation series are different.
    Now doesn't it make sense to highlight in their website that a new series of Zymax strings have now replaced the old series? Good and responsible corporations would not want to be accused of misleading their customers without this distinction.

Another misfired canon shot?

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Dude. The second generation is the one I'm talking about, and it's old. Not new. As I said, I've gone through a 200m reel of the 'new' ZM65 by myself already and used up around 70-80m of the Zm67 I ordered after that. A website that claims a string older than 6 months is 'new' is either not up to date or maintained in a very sloppy fashion.
    Either way there's no guarantee a new product would find it's way onto that site shortly after its release, so a product not being on there does in fact prove nothing at all.

3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Even in this digital age, not every firm/company/business updates their website in a timely manner. So just because a website does not contain a piece of information, it does not automatically mean that said information is true/untrue.

4. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Afaik ZM65 is the newest in the line and there was no 1st gen of it.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yep, all others (Zm62, 67, 70) were updated and 65 was newly introduced as part of the 2nd gen, all with red available from then on. As that was roughly one year ago, a website announcing that as new can hardly be considered up to date.

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

In the Far East, but not elsewhere, a very limited qty of the 1st generation platinum color Zymax is still being marketed, as far as I know. The rest of the world now gets only the newer 2nd generation, which is lower in playability than the 1st generation but with improved durability.

Personally, I still have about 100 packets of the old Zymax.

Perhaps it may be best to check on Ashaway's website on what is being offered in the Zymax range and be guided accordingly. You won't go wrong on this.

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

In the Far East, but not elsewhere, a very limited qty of the 1st generation platinum color Zymax is still being marketed, as far as I know. The rest of the world now gets only the newer 2nd generation, which is lower in playability than the 1st generation but with improved durability.

Personally, I still have about 100 packets of the old Zymax.

Perhaps it may be best to check on Ashaway's website on what is being offered in the Zymax range and be guided accordingly. You won't go wrong on this.

8. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

I got a question on zymax strings, i have started using zm65, and the one thing I notice is that most of the time when I slice, chop or smash, the strings frequently moves, is this normal????

9. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Saw black retail pack of ZM65 at Canuck Badminton store.

10. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    it's fake :)

11. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

It's got to be since someone thinks unlisted colours don't exist. ^_^

12. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

It's cause the Zymax does not notch much like Yonex strings so they tend to move around more.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Yep. It'll settle in a bit after a few hours play.

14. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

thanks. [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION], what app do you use to measure the frequency of the strings?? I want to check if my stringer is really doing a great job on my strings

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Carltune for Android. Cleartune for iOS.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Newly strung strings that move, all other things being equal, are due to the surface friction of the strings.
    Strings with smooth surfaces do not move even when newly strung, because the shuttle when in less than perfect contact with the strings, will slip and hence lose some power. String surfaces that have some friction will move the strings more when new, because the shuttle will not slide or slip but will instead do one of two things-generates max. power when squarely hit or moves the strings when hit off the shuttle center.
    Just like time means different things from different perspectives, one must also look at the string's movement from two perspectives, namely, the strings and then the way the shuttle is hit.
    Strings that move when new and then stop moving after sometime should be replaced because it has lost power and crispness from loss of string surface friction.

17. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

[MENTION=3536]taneepak[/MENTION] thank you for your insight :D
    [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] - I cant find carltune on android, are these apps free?

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Huh? CarlTune is there in app store. It's free.

19. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

[MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] I found it :D.. I just dont know why when I use my phone I cant find the app but when I use the web I found it... how do you use this to detect the frequency of the strings? thanks

20. visor

visor Regular Member

Place it on table, mic facing you. With your 3rd and 4th fingernails, strum across the stringbed like a guitar close to the mic.