Zymax strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lobeh, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

I dont get frequency readings... and if I get some its only in the range of hundreds

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Should be around 1000-1300 Hz. Try holding onto the handle, not the shaft, so that it's allowed to resonate freely.

And try strumming with varying speeds and pressures until you get the loudest tone.

3. ya4dang1

ya4dang1 Regular Member

Programmer
    I couldn't find any Zymax 62 200m reel at MBS. Is it discontinued?

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Maybe they don't have any in stock right now. Afaik it's still going strong ;)

5. ya4dang1

ya4dang1 Regular Member

Programmer
    I hope so.

If I were them I would label it "Out of Stock" instead of remove it from the list.

I got a bad feeling. Maybe I worry too much :rolleyes:

6. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Get it from Eric

7. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

Hi, can anyone give me a quick summary between the zymax strings? Is ZM65 the best for retaining tension and feel without being ridiculously not durable? Also, is there much difference between colours and what is the general consensus about which is best? thanks

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well, for me Zm65 is the only one that really works. 67 loses quite a bit of tension and is pretty dull in feeling, and the 62 is just so fragile it's not practical anymore. The 70 is even thicker than the 67, so it's really not an option for me.
    I'd say the white is just a slight bit less rough than the red, which is good for me (used to the BG65Ti) as it means it's slightly more repulsive (strings moving across each other more freely means they can stretch a bit more and thus add more power to your shot ;)).

9. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

After my VS-850 snapped some weeks ago I went for my ZM62. First time. And my intial impressions are overwhelming. My usual string tension is 11Kg, this time I told the stringer to do the ZM62 with 10.5Kg. It's a lot crispier than the VS-850. It's also crispier than ZM65, which is very nice as well.

The sound from ZM62 is very satisfying, as long you're hitting the sweetspot ;)
    I hope it doesn't snap in the next 2 / 3 months. I also hope the tension drop is not that bad. It's really thin and if the vertical strings move to the frames (to the left respectively right), you will think that it's just a question of time when you're going to have a long rally with moved strings like this and end up with the snapped strings.

Actually I have to adjust my clears during the warmup since I'm playing it way too far behind the back lines. Probably my new favourite string for my main racket (N55).
    Oh, and by the way. It's on par with NBG98 in terms of liveliness. Absolute the opposite of dull. It's lively!

Just my 2 cents to ZM62 :)

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Huh? NBG98 isn't lively :D But good for you to have found your new go-to ;)

11. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

It is! For me, at least. NBG98 may have a very slick feel but its responsiveness and feedback is great! The missing slightly gripping structure is the only reason why it is not my go to string.
    Whatever, off topic! ;)

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. For the diameter, it's not too impressive, the BG66 is certainly more lively. That is not to say it's a bad string, I like to use it myself...if Yonex weren't getting more and more expensive, that is...

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I found Z70 useless below 33 lb... it's just too "coarse" for me at low tension - too bouncy and lacks control.

Z65 is where it's at, as far as I'm concerned:).

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Glad to see another convert from vs850 to zm62, like me. :) Switched 9 months ago and loving it!

I also string at your lowish tension... which can cause the string movement you experience. It'll go away after the string settles after a few hrs play. Meanwhile just straighten them after play before putting them away, to prevent them from settling in the wrong spots.

15. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I have ZM62 red on 5 rackets now @ 24lbs and so far the red hasn't snapped yet. Still loving the control I get from it.

16. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Just got my second racket strung with ZyMax 65 at 30lbs. It's a super light weight racket (6U) with head heavy balance. Previously I had on it BG66 at 26lbs which I thought was a little dull in feeling. I'll put the racket to test tomorrow. :)

17. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    I haven't actually tried the 62s but the 65s have this amazing smash feeling when you hit the sweetspot. It feels a little like the shuttle melts into the string bed... and next thing you now it's bouncing off the floor of your opponents court. The sound it produces in that process is simply orgasmic.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Don't know about you but for me with zm62 it's multi orgasmic :p as I smash and smash repeatedly. :D

19. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I can't really say which string that I have used has actually given me more power cause I really can't tell how powerful my smashes are. I only know that others that play with me say that I have a powerful smash. However I can say that the ZM62 has been the most repulsive string and the one with the most control for me when it comes to net play and blocks.
    The ZM65 was okay but maybe would have performed better for me at 26lbs or more for what I can get now with the ZM62 @ 24lbs.
    BG66UM was nice for about 20-30 hours and then all of a sudden it went dull.
    BG80P was okay for the first couple of sessions and then felt blah after.
    NS880 to me played like the BG66UM but it just sounded odd. I could not tell how hard I was hitting by the sound it made.
    VS100 was utter garbage.
    VS32 which came factory strung on my JJS was actually spectacular for a relatively unknown string but I cut it off after the first session cause I wanted all my rackets to rock red ZM62.

I would like to try more Yonex string like the Maxima and Sharp but really can't justify the price of Yonex strings.

#1559 Elisha, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  20. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

Thanks that's really helpful!