Yonex Carbonex 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by aramistuscany, Aug 31, 2009.

1. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

It is a beauty, not a beast...

2. silentheart

Anyone has and using a Cab25? I only tried it long long time ago in a place far far away. My memory is not as good as before. I feel Cab35 is a tech update of Cab25. YY only made it lighter for faster swing and nano tech give it a better energy recovery.
    Here is my issue with Cab35. Since I have been using Cab30ms and other NS racquets now a day. I have been chocking the racquet at the butt end. Because Cab35 is regular length, I am having trouble adjusting (not miss hit) to the sweet spot. untill I can adjust to the racquet, I can not give a more detail review.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^That's not uncommon..^^

..esp. if one has been using a specific racket for quite a while. Pretty soon, once you've played & gotten used with the Cab35 and you want to switch back to your Cab30MS or NS rackets, you'd probably encounter the same scenario.
    I free-swung an unstrung up-for-display Cab35 the other day, in one of the local baddie shops, and i could feel its heavyness (but more on the solid feel) and how "short" the racket is compared to my reg. rackets..
    Btw, what is the "regular length" of a Cab35? Length of Cab30MS and other NS racket you're using?

4. silentheart

Cab35 is 10mm shorter than Cab30ms and all the NS6000 and higher.
    Yes, the Cab35 feel more solid than any of the Cab35.

5. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    Wow..I joined this thread way too late. Being a cab 30 MS user as well my biggest concern would be the difference in length. Seems silentheart's initial play with it is exactly what i was worried about. My other worry...is that if i ever get this racket...my 5 Cab 30s will feel awfully sad =( Couldn't all cabs just get along? Where's the love?

lol

6. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    I'm having the same problem too. At the moment I'm sticking to my Cab20TiPw as I have more control of the racket. My Cab30 doesn't feel right after I switch to the Cab20. My other racket is the aluminum frame Cab9... so i think i will have little or no problem if I get my hands on a Cab35... :)

7. kenmiyake

kenmiyake Regular Member

Is Cab 35 an upgrade of Cab 20?

8. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

Judging by the color and the length, I'll say yes
    Its like cab20/21 with new tech. improvement and newer ( also great ) paint job

9. kenmiyake

kenmiyake Regular Member

Oh, then I must buy one. Any difference between SP and JP version for this one in particular?

10. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

yup, it definitely feels/plays like a compromise between cab 20 & 21 (i must say though that i have never had a cab 30 ms to compare with).

the paintjob is like the most recent re-incarnation of cab 21 with some ns9900 twirl like effects--nice! a new tech cab replacement if you will.

11. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

The 1500+ SP version units of misspelled "blance' Cab35 for distribution regionally here (ASEAN, HK, Macao and India) has been shipped back to Japan. The fresh batch of correctly spelled stocks availability and when they will be arriving are still pending.

12. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

urgh... prolly next year ?
    just hope and wait hehe

13. silentheart

Anyone wants a Cab35, check the buy and sell forum later tonight (US time).

14. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

Does the cab 35 feel lighter than the arcsaber Z slash or the arc10?
    Does it swing through the air faster?

15. silentheart

No, No, No. that is the answer to all your question. It is for old timer like me who is used to used Cab20 and Cab25 who like to have the old feeling with new technologies.

16. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

it's really for people who always loved the feel of ovals but the cab 35 is an upgraded version with recent technologies available only to the NanoSpeed and Arcsaber series.

i've played with cab 35 and it's kinda like a mix of cab 20 & cab 21. if you don't like isometrics or sub-isometrics like the ArcSaber ZS or mizuno tetracross 700, then cab 35 would be ''it''. ...unless you prefer the classics such as cab 20 or ti-10.

MetalOrange

p.s. for durability purpose, i've only strung my cab 20 & 21 upto 25/27 lbs but i strung my cab 35 w 28/30 and it looks pretty good.

p.s.2. it does not swing as fast as the Arc ZS. static and swing weight is ever so slightly head heavier but quite solid with just enough flex.

#136 MetalOrange, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  17. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

funny how come my cab 20 broke when i strung it to 24 lbs and cab 21 broke when i strung it to 25 lbs. just bought a cab 35 today and hopefully i'll be able to try it out tmr :D oh and i got the racket with the wrong spelling "blance" haha

#137 xyxyz, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  18. aramistuscany

Where did you get yours? Must be one of the few remnants that didn't got shipped back to Japan.

Please give us a review and a comparison with your previous Cabs you had used before ;).

19. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

Actually my dad got it for me. he got it at queensway. the indian man's shop on the 2nd floor. he said something like the man only had 3 of the cab 35 and he bought the last one for me :)

i duno how to give a review leh i've never done any reviews before hahahahaha

20. aramistuscany

I know there are two shops owned by Indians who sell badminton racquets. One is Newlink Sports and the other I think is Harris Sports. Haven't visited Queensway in a while. Time to pop in to have a look ;).