Yonex Carbonex 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by aramistuscany, Aug 31, 2009.

1. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

YEAH i think it's newlink sports! the one at the corner!

2. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

It is better to deal with the young man (20s, early 30s) rather than the old man (owner) when you shop here. The old man's price quote is way too and doesn't or gives very little discount. I will only shop here if I am dealing with the young chap.

Another option is I shop at this old man's nephew's shop, Mr. Shaik who split up with him and now sets up his own shop, Smash Sports, in East Point, Simei. I got my Arc Z-Slash from him. This shop is one of only three in Singapore who owns the $15,000 Yonex ES5 Protech electrical stringing machine and he regularly has the Yonex-Sunrise stringer to string racquets at his shop on weekends.

3. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

xyxyz,

i've been doing it for at least the last ten stringings @25/27 and they are just fine (yy bg 66). different versions of the 20 and 21 perhaps might be an issue? do you still have any more 20 and 21? unfortunately for me, the ones i got are the only remaining racquets i have but since i've got ten stringings in them @25/27 already, i'll just suck it up when it folds.

this query won't help as its pretty much a done deal but did the stringer broke it whilst stringing or after whacking them a bit at the courts?

my cab 35 are correctly spelled 'balance' and they are good at 28/30 w bg 66 for about 3 stringings upto now.

goodluck and sorry for your broken racquets.

MetalOrange

4. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

Nope I don't have anymore cab 20 or 21 left. My cab 20 was the old version and cab 21 the new one. It wasn't really surprising my cab 21 broke cuz my partner and I clashed but for my cab 20...... I srsly duno how it broke. I took a rest during training and went to buy a drink, then I was back realising my cab 20's frame broke. sigh.

btw. cab 35's really good! i love the feel!

5. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

Hmm I duno, i've nvr noticed their age but hey! I've got the cab 35 at S$170 :D

6. aramistuscany

That is a good price :).

7. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

xyxyz,

hmmm, maybe someone sat on it (cab 20) and hurriedly leave upon noticing:D? hey, i only play singles thus no clashing problems to date. both of mine are older versions as well (IPs) and so i don't intend to buy the newer versions if my (20 & 21) caves. quick query, which do you prefer more? i personally like the 20 when i'm fresh and when feeling tired, i'll go with the 21.

sgd170 is about right for cab 35. not insanely overpriced nor ridiculously low as in sgd140. i got mine at usd100 exact. now, how low did you string it now for posterity sakes:D?

kind regards,
    MetalOrange

8. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

omg it sucks if someone broke my racket without telling me. i prefer cab 20 to cab 21 i duno why haha i just like the feel of it better. oh i just realised both my cab 20 and cab 21 broke a few days before i play the first round of my individual tournaments haha sucks.

i now string my cab 35 at 24 lbs hahaha i'm taking a "risk" again but i really hope nothing bad will happen to it!! :S

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    strings? :D:cool:

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Cab25 was probably the worst buy I have encountered so far. It just felt very dead and not-so-stable and I didn't enjoy it at all. I hope Cab-35 is better and I'll be getting mine soon :D

11. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    How stiff is the cab35? would it be even close to ns9000s?

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hi bluejeff, long time no posts here:D Which cab25 did u use, the original version or the new version? I own couple of the new 2U cab25 and i didn't find them troublesome. It plays like the cab20 but a bit stiffer which work for me.

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    hey cooler :)

The ones that I had were Cab-25 SP manufactured somewhere around 2002 (if my memory is correct) and they just felt very weird to me though.

Maybe my other racquets spoiled me too much :D

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i did try the first version of cab25 (not mine) and yes, i too dislike it. It felt dull. I cab25 i got now is the new version and it seem to feel more lively. Sorry, i got off topic.

why don't yonex make the cab35 long? wasn't the cab30 long length?

#154 cooler, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  15. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

IIRC, you had the most extensive Cab20 collection... man are you spoilt for choice. Welcome back to BC!

16. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I totally agree. I was so disappointed that the Cab35 was not long. I loved my Cab30 and wanted a replacement that is less fragile my current tension. Silly Yonex.

17. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi Jeff,

Long time no hear. How is everything? I see you are back in Taiwan now. Anyway, for your question, I used BG85 for the testing Cab35.
    I also thought Cab25 was one of the worse Cabs. However, Cab35 is suppose an improvement of Cab25 not the Cab30ms we love so much.
    Most of the cab are regular length. In my memory, only cab30ms is long and there is an other cab special with long. It is just keep up the tradition. Yes, it might be silly for YY not to make Cab35 long. Since the regular is long now and what used to be regular is short...

18. aramistuscany

SP stocks with the corrected spelling are available now.

Attached Files:

19. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    There were also cab 15 long and cab 20 long. At least in Europe there were. I've still got a few cab 15 long left. I use them for bad sweet spot days since they give an extra kick from a in my opinion flexy shaft.

20. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

whoa nice photo up there with a nice cameraphone, the SE C905 :)
    gotta save my money now to buy the corrected spelling cab35