The Adventures of Markis Kido

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by huangkwokhau, Feb 6, 2009.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

No more Kido/Setiawan as INA number one MD, probably AE may become farewell tourney for this pair?! Waiting the info about Hendra's next partner...

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well...i think there are no more turning point for their patnership as hs voiced out...:crying:...:(...

3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Stranger things have happened after being deemed impossible.
    Perhaps the pair will play again - together ;)

4. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    right right....this might be a blessing in disguise (long term-wise) for INA badminton if PBSI can play their cards right...now that the only senior MD players left in PBSI are; Hendra.S, Hendra.AG, Alvent .YC there has to be a few spots opened for the juniors to be PBSI's righteous residents...however, has PBSI management thought of INA's short-term goals or the lack of titles brought home in the near future?(i.e. SS's, WC, sudirman cup, thomas cup or even london 2012?)surely we cannot build an army of little kidos and hendras in such a short period of time...my major concern: NO MORE GOLD MEDALS!:(

Hopefully this is a strategic development designed by Djoko Santoso himself where he's able to fully anticipate this nonsense...i deeply hope he's got a major funding plan for PBSI so that most talented kids (like TH in the past) can be found and help to restore INA's glorious pride in badminton....Amen!!:D:cool::D:cool::D

For kido and siblings, well, part of me hates you for leaving but i guess thx for giving INA's junior a chance wkwkwkwkwk!and also, another part of me feels sorry for you, even hendra wont take you back....and isnt kido supposed to get married anytime soon?

Hendra has chosen a wise path...hopefully he can guide our youngsters (e.g. fernando kurniawan or someone very young) like HTK did for LYD...look how well that turned out!

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Alvent/Hendra AG had opted not to join National team last week as they may head to Japan to coach and still play internationally under INA..
    Alvent's boss, Yacob, who is our PBSI's SEKJEN ( secretary General), is trying to make a better deal for this pair to stay in National Team...lets see!
    If not, Hendra S is the most senior one...

6. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    oh man, that's even worse!we havent got any eligible pairs that can be a threat to other nations at all!this is NOT NOT good....
    but to be honest, i saw this day coming, where PBSI's lost all senior players, and forced to rebuild INA's badminton....im afraid there wont be any major titles for a while...but has to be done sometime...right now we do not need titles and what not...we need regeneration!

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..ahh, that's another possibility of his decision to pull out. But then, now, he's "unemployed" which makes it even worse..
    ...same thought as mine. Although i believe Hau-ge would also subscribe to that notion. Considering 2012 Olympics is still quite a ways, i think they have enough time to buckle up and get the youngsters ready.

8. badadum

badadum Regular Member

You might be very well spot on, but the one thing I regret the most is that this happened in MD. That's the one field in INA badminton that truly excels, with layers after layers of worthy pairs. With the recent development, everything is being turned upside down and has to be restarted again. :eek:

I like Pak Djoko's non-sense method, but it'll need to be handed out with a more sensible approach as well. You can't lean to much on one spectrum and achieve the best result. You can't just run out all the senior player and expect the juniors to take over immediately (exact opposite of what previous PBSI management has done, where regeneration is stagnant). Balance as always, is the key.

Right now, Rian/Yoke is the only existing MD pair with some track record (not counting our "pro" like Candra-Luluk and Hendra AG/Alvent). Hendra and Ahsan will need to gel with their new partner.... I don't see Fernando/Lingga nor Wiqfi/Alfiat to be able to make immediate splash just yet.... I guess Pelatnas can summon up Rendra and pair him with Frans again...but their ceiling is quite limited. :eek:

9. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    yes, Rian/Yoke is the only MD pair in PBSI, perhaps this is their time...but then again, their game is not as mature as kido/hendra's in many ways, not the pair I would put my money on (no offense)...sad to say, this might be the end of an era, the end of INA MD for a while, hopefully not too long though :(
    as for PBSI, there's nothing more that i can say other than 'what doesnt kill you, certainly makes you...stranger' - the joker :D PBSI makin lama makin aneh, ada-ada aja deh masalahnya...

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    If you meant financial ceiling? Well... the total ceiling stays the same [according to the contract value]... but note that the departure of Taufik Hidayat, Alvent, Hendra AG, Kido, Bona, Pia meant that there are more money for the rest of the players within the National Team... :D :D They can invite Rendra, etc. whomever they deem fit to be in the National Team... ;) :D There's enough money now to pay Rendra etc. if they want to.

#110 Krisna, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    :D:D..I hope you would change it to " O "...Stronger...:D

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

And who could they be??..

..and who could your new "upcoming favorite MD pair" be??..mind spilling the beans for us??..;)

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Kido also decided not to show up for Photo Shoot for AMWAY advertising after taking the money from them (on saturday )....everybody showed up ( Firda, Maria, Hendra, Sony and Simon)...
    So I can say that it is tough for Kido to go PRO...

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ah...badmania already mention the pair many times...when compare with mak/teo...:p

huh???who can u didnt show up after u take the money???:confused:

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Stranger [and less ethical] things have happened in the past... :D

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    for example? i didnt get it...i am stupid...sorry...:crying:

17. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Players of the past [I should not name them] have done strange things...

Example 1:
    Player ABC signed a contract with company X and get paid $xxxx for 2 years, accepted some amount of money. Then came company Y who offered $xxxxxxx, ABC signed a contract with Y without even informing company X and started playing with Y rackets. Company X was shocked to see ABC using Y on TV. :eek: X wanted to sue, but got pushed to the side because the INA legal system was [and probably "is"] disfunctional. Player ABC went on to sign with Company Z too ...as long as he got money first.:eek: But then continued to play with brand Y.

Example 2:
    Player DEF knew that he had to 'share' his income from sponsporships to PBSI. So, to hide his true income, DEF showed a contract to PBSI that said he got $10,000, thus he had to share $2500 to PBSI. But... DEF accepted another $15,000 from his sponsor in cash and unseen by PBSI...:p

Example 3:
    Ex-player GHI said she represented National Association DBZI and negotiated $500000 from Bank DRI to put the bank's logo on the players' stomach. The money got transfered to an account she specified, but the bank's logo was never appeared on the players' stomach, DBZI got around $100000 without a clue where it came from and for what. We heard that the rest of the money were devided between ex player GHI and executives from Bank DRI... :eek:

Note: people from a more developed country cannot comprehend how terrible and disfunctional a developing country's legal system can be... Justice is very often not served.

#117 Krisna, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ah...now i get it...thanks ya...:D....

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    is brand Y = yonex??hehe

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member