The Adventures of Markis Kido

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by huangkwokhau, Feb 6, 2009.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    from what i read in chinese press...kido say he quit not because follow his sibling...he say he did ask them not to quit...and...when he saw his contract...just he decide to walk out...

a totally different story from what have been posted from bc...why???:confused:

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Because the Chinese press is FFFAAARRRR away from the real event. While some of us BC-ers got inside stories from people within PBSI management or National Team itself... ;) :cool: As you know the carbon copy is often more distorted than the real authentic deal... :D

But to be fair... none of us are Kido and his siblings. We can only guess and judge their actions and words as seen and heard by others close to them around the National Team. We don't know exactly what's on their mind... :eek: Frankly none of the BC-ers witness ALL of the events with their own eyes and ears. We heard many news from the people who have a lot of interaction [daily basis] with them.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

well...sure i know who krisna and hauge is in indonesia badminton...:D...

ya...all tat we know might not 100% as same as the truth...:)

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

well, i think kido is heading to the wrong direction now:(
    anyway, lets see

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Latest Info:

Vita is going to leave National Team...poor Rijal!!

There ia signs that Kido and his siblings are going to sign the contracts ( I am sure, Rudi Hartono must have scolded them BIG time...) ...so we hope that Kido/Hendra is going to play their last tournaments together ( If both agree)....more likely we wont see any Kido/Hendra in future...

#145 huangkwokhau, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    why vita is leaving????:crying:...

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I think Ibu Retno K., the team manager of PB. Jaya Raya might have something to do with this... Because she was at Cipayung today [or maybe yesterday, I don't know for sure] to ask for some clarifications... She got the clarifications she needed and is now clear that what her pupils asked [and did] were grossly unreasonable... :p

The problem in the Kido-Hendra partnership right now is the fact that Hendra feels very betrayed by Kido. Kido made it clear by his actions that Hendra is not his equal partner... By not even discussing their options together and just leaving the negotiation room like that... Kido have permanently severed his bond with Hendra. :( :( :(

8. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I think Bu Retno was there today...Kido and his siblings were being called for meetings...Kido should learn that his reckless actions went nowhere...Hendra is a quiet guy...but when he is upset...he does not talk to you at all..I just hope that they can use last events for last chance for AE....
    I believe that PBSI increased a bit of their contracts ( Pia and Bona).....PBSI should have not showed any mercy at all...I prefer Pia is out from PBSI...her single wil not get nowhere....

9. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Since Kido's differences are with the PBSI, why should Setiawan feel 'betrayed' and 'let-down' etc? :eek:

If I were Kido, I'd be upset that Setiawan didn't stand by a move designed to benefit all players (read: more money)!

If the PBSI has increased Kido's contract value, it means they have realised that they stand to lose more than the rebellious player ;)

After all, what is the association without the player? :rolleyes:

As for Vita Marissa, her career is certainly waning.
    The age factor says she's no longer the player she was.

10. badadum

badadum Regular Member

The tone and body language says a lot Oldhand, besides the direct translation to English will never do justice. Besides, wouldn't you be upset if suddenly your partner decides to break a very successful venture without saying a single word to you??

Again, Kido's contract has nothing to do with the bruhaha, he just want more money for his brother and sister.

PBSI didn't increase Kido's contract, they increase his siblings's contract (not much). Consider it a saving grace for Kido (after being sent through the frying pan first). :eek:

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I guess you have not read our posts....:D
    From beginning, PBSI has increased their contract value for both of them...so basically Kido walked out from meeting as he threatened PBSI to fulfill his siblings' request as well....Kido did not realize that his siblings have not scored any titles at all....Kido thought he was TH...but with this new Chairman, you cant mess around with him..he does not care you are olympic champion or not..he himself told TH that the decision for not bringing Mulyo was final....
    Kido should learn how to communicate with people...especially those generals....lucky enough Kido did not get shot on the spot...:D:D

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I heard similar comments by ex-players today... Pia has limited potential in singles... Better to consider a Maria Febe for the future... :p

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this sound scary....:eek:...

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Hendra knew that he already got a good deal from the National Team. He probably also knew that Pia and Bona's demands were outrageous and deserve to be rejected. Thus he cannot support Kido's walking out of the team. Kido's reason for leaving Hendra partner-less are not based on good common sense and good business sense. Hendra is wise. He knows he cannot support a reckless act. If I were him, I will not want to be partnered with someone that reckless anymore!

PBSI exist to support all the badminton community in INA, including all players [amateurs, kids, professionals, veterans etc.]. That's true. BUT, ...the PBSI Indonesian National Team mainly exists for the glory of Indonesia and to unify the country. Period! The National Team DOES NOT exist for its members. The members are part of the team because they help in winning glory for Indonesia and to help keeping this fragmented archipelago united! For that, they get paid and compensated.

The National Team consists of players but not dictated rogue players. That's the right attitude of a National Team. The players should behave because to become part of the National Team is a privilage. Not a right! :cool: If Kido thinks the National Team needs him more than he needs them. Then he is grossly wrong! NOT like that under this management.

I read in the news that the US Swimming Association just banned MICHAEL PHELPS, the 13 time Olympic gold medalist, for 3 months due to his behaviour. That's the right attitude of an Association! :cool:

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    scary especially in this recessionary times. It is better to hide in a big boat during period of rough waters then to bluff the captain that u r gonna go out on your own in a little dingy without getting censensus from your rowing partner..

#155 cooler, Feb 9, 2009
  16. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Well, based on what Krisna and hauge are letting on, I rest my case.

Ha!
    That's a very wrong guess.
    Er, not that I enjoy doing it :D

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

When one's emotion gets in the way, I guess..

..one's thinking process will be clouded. If Markis' wasn't as emotional & had a clear mindset, he could've sit down, take his time and try to negotiate some way out with PBSI's honchos.

In regards to PBSI dictating their players and vice versa, i think if the players were to dictate a "give me what i want or else" approach, the effects could be two-fold and will bring a bad image to PBSI. Imagine PBSI "kowtoing" to Bona's and Pia's demand, how would the other players who are receiving the same offer from PBSI, and are of the same level as Pia & Bona, feel?? Wouldn't they feel somewhat at an unfair advantage?
    In a way, i kind of feel Markis and his siblings are sort of taking advantage of his credentials (WC & Olympics titles) as a bargaining chip to the deal>>"Look, i've won these titles for you, so if you don't give my siblings better deal, then i am out"..

As an anology, i can see this as a "parents to child" relationship. A child rebels and demands something from the parents. Parents refuse to give what the child wants. Child gets upset and leaves the house, or refuses to talk or goes into seclusion.
    Or
    I can see a "BC to its members" relationship.;) A BC member did something out of BC's strict rules. BC gives warning to the member. But member feels slighted & demands this and that. BC refuses and the member leaves BC. Sure, the members are what make up BC. But would BC "kowto" to that member's behavior/demand?? At the end of the day, the question is : who's in control??..
    Because, to use Krisna's comments:
    "The BC members should behave because to become part of BadmintonCentral.com is a privilege"...am i correct, kwun & mods??..;);)

#157 ctjcad, Feb 9, 2009
  18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ctjcad, those other 'BC members' don't have OG and WC titles tho, ie, they have no bargaining chips to make any control:p Are u equating kwun to pbsi:confused:;)

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^If..^^

..kwun were PBSI, then he might counter & say to that member :
    Well, without us, the training center, coaches and our support, what are your chances of winning the WC & Olympics titles??..Btw, didn't you also partner & win with Hendra?? Shouldn't he deserve part of the credit?? Or you deserve all of the credit??..:confused: ;)

anyway, i think Markis will be the one who's embarrassed in all this (if and when he comes back)...that's too bad, but i think it'll be a good learning experience..:cool:

#159 ctjcad, Feb 9, 2009
  20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

that's why i don't have quarrel with kwun:D:cool: