2008 Dutch Open Finals

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008' started by Angel-a, Oct 18, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Mel/Shendy lost 23-25, despite saving 4 match pts at 16-20 and have 3 game pts at 21, 22, and 23 :eek: Lena Frier-Kristensen/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl win the second titles for DEN today.

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's an excellent start for Fran/Rendra as they lead 11-5 at the interval!

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Fran/Rendra take the first set 21-18, despite a late surge from the Indian pair which nearly brought them level at 16-17.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's a much tighter game in the second set as Fran/Rendra take a slender 11-10 lead at the interval. 10 more pts...come on guys!

5. fd16n

fd16n Regular Member

3 More points for Fran/Rendra to take last title of dutch open this year

6. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

Unbelievable, late surge by Indian pair...but frans/rendra at matchpoint now 20-18

7. fd16n

fd16n Regular Member

18 all frm 18-13 you got to be kidding me

phew finally INA pair can win it

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Phew....the INA pair was leading 18-12 when the Indian pair staged yet another late comeback to level the scores at 18-18. Luckily, Fran Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya kept their cool and won the last 3 pts of the match to seal the match 21-18, 21-18. They win their first (and perhaps last at the moment) GP title and will be going separate ways after this tourney.

So, Team Djarum wins 2 titles in the Yonex Dutch Open (traditionally a good hunting ground for INA players).

#88 badMania, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    As predicted before, Fran Kurniawan / Rendra Wijaya has won the Mens Double match with straight set 21-18, 21-18

Today, Indonesia has 2 Champions.

10. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

Andre Kurniawan deserves a place in Pelatnas!!!!!!!!! Will he get the invitation?

11. chemile

chemile Regular Member

As my prediction, INA finally get 2 titles from Andre and Frans/Rendra. Congratulation for both of them, and to all INA players who are doing good job in Europe tournaments. They world ranking I think boost up as well.
    Next week is Pelatnas players's turn. I hope they also will doing good as Djarum's players.

12. chemile

chemile Regular Member

I think better Andre is staying at Djarum than back to Pelatnas. He can get more experience since he sent to many international tournaments. In Pelatnas he must compete with Tommy, Alamsyah, and many young players who need more experience as well. Next week, his world ranking will become 14th or 15th, and become a champion at Dutch Open has proved that he also good to become top ten player.

13. Nsmaling

Nsmaling Regular Member

Student
    Good analysis though. He is currently at place 5 or something like that in Indonisia, and when he is going back to the national traingscentre, 'big names' will get more attention. He should stay at Djarum and continue his practise like he has done the past year, where he greatly improved.

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    He was a member of Pelatnas twice already... :p got dropped from the National Team twice too... :p Somehow, the Pelatnas guys don't see the potential of Andre... :eek: They have a different judgement call... :eek:

When Andre was in Pelatnas, he was sent to VERY tough tournaments like the GP Gold and Super Series level type tournaments... but his skills were not ready to compete well in those tough tournaments... so... he got defeated in the qualifying rounds many times... :eek: That became the National Team's basis to drop him from the National Team... :eek:

Djarum choose to concentrate building the confidence and match-playing-experience of the young players by sending them to International Series, then International Challenge, then GP level championships first...

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    You make sense, as always, badMania... :D the logical next step is to compete in the Vietnam Open GP and Hong Kong Super Series... true! :cool:

Oh, actually the next tournament is INA Kejurnas [National Championship]... :D Andre will get to test Taufik, Sony, and Simon... ;)

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hahaha.....if u become PBSI Chairman, I can always come back to be the tournament planner :p

Andre had beaten Simon once in PON Team Event Final this year....but he lost in the Final of the Individual Event (if I am not mistaken) :eek: Technically, he's the no 4 MS in INA and should become no 3 if Taufik retires.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Sadly, that's not how the Pelatnas coaches see things :eek: They prefer to throw their players into the shark pits immediately...sigh....what a waste of money really :eek: Their massive withdrawals (which could be avoided with proper thought and planning) from the Dutch Open and Denmark SS resulted in thousands of US$ of penalties.

I have to say that the Djarum coaches and managers are better in their tournament planning for their players. It's seldom that they will return back empty-handed if they send players to compete in Europe. In this 3 weeks European tour, Djarum players return home with 3 titles, 7 runner-up spots and a couple of bronze medals too last week.

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I believe you will be a better tournament planner than whomever is in charge at PBSI right now, badMania. I have no doubt you will be the best planner PBSI ever had!

Taufik was in my badminton court earlier this week, on Wednesday. I specifically asked him whether he plans to retire anytime soon. He said, "Nope." :D "I think I can still compete well against all INA players younger than me. I will retire when I know many can defeat me regularly in INA. Oh, however, one thing I want to avoid is: being dropped from the National Team like others in the past. When I see that they intend to do that, I will retire first." ;)

#98 Krisna, Oct 19, 2008
  19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Actually he can choose to retire with a bang now....after winning the Macau Open GP Gold 2 weeks ago :cool:

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Flawless..

..5 for 5!..is this your first ever perfect Finals prediction??:cool:..If so, i think this should add rapport to your resume in becoming PBSI's head/director of tournament planning (should Krisna decide to run for PBSI's Chairman)..;)

#100 ctjcad, Oct 19, 2008