2008 Dutch Open Finals

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008' started by Angel-a, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yeah even though they didn't get as many titles as we wanted them to get... at least they get decent BWF ranking points... :p Oh, about the 7 runner-up spots... well... the results were sort of fair... Our INA players are mostly seeded 2 or 3 or 4 in these last three Euro-GPs... :p

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    badMania is an awesome predictor... but somehow his PAW games are not great... :p

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hahaha....I like the high odds occassionally and doesn't trust my instinct :eek::p Hey, I won 3 PAW tournaments (last time was Russian Open GP Gold last year) and finished 2nd or 3rd just a couple of weeks ago!

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^The PAW game king..^^

..esp. for the "Knock-Down" version, belongs to Hau-ge..gotta share the wealth, ya know..;)

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Oh I didn't know that... :p He he he... My mistake then... :eek:

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Fran Kurniawan was the big winner, with 1 title and 1 Silver (with Rendra Wijaya) and 2 Silvers with Shendy Puspa Irawati. Andre Kurniawan Tedjono will jump to top 16-17 (which will do him good for the HK SS draw next mth) with his 1 title and 1 bronze. Fran/Shendy should also jump to the top 13-14 with 2 silvers. Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa Irawati will jump up a couple of spots as well, although they finished with 3 silvers overall :eek: Rendra/Mel also won a Bronze last week. Not sure if they did receive bronze medals for SF finishes in the Bitburger and Dutch Opens too....

The biggest jump in ranking probably comes from Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka and Rosaria Yusfin Pungkasari. Hayom managed to finish at least R16 in 2 events, while I have to say I am very impressed with Pipin's achievements....finishing at least QF in all 3 events and even won a Silver! Ari Yuli Wahyu Hartanto was quite stable with 2 QF finishes in the past 2 weeks, losing to better oppositions on both occassions. On the other hand, Maria Elfira Christina was less shiny this time round....while Maria Febe Kusmastuti had her fair share by winning the title in the Bitburger Open.

#106 badMania, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  7. stork

stork Regular Member

-
  8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

INA won 2 titles yesterday through MS (Andre K.Tedjono) and MD (Fran/Rendra), much better outcome than Bulgarian Open GP. What a right strategy that Djarum players will miss next 2 SS tourneys in Europe where top-names will come to Odense and Paris, certainly chance to produce good result become slimmer than GP tournaments.

9. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

This is last tournament I can watch live on TV before ASTRO (Nusantara) RIP :crying:

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

why? what happen to ASTRO INA (NUSANTARA)??

11. badadum

badadum Regular Member

RIP. Ceased operations.