Best book on badminton techniques

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by vip_m, Feb 20, 2006.

1. daMaster

daMaster Regular Member

I did, and I paid via Xoom and the transaction has completed. Now if only you would hold your end of the bargain and send me instructions to download the book.

You should ideally have an automated system, as this is quite unprofessional.

2. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    Sorry about that. I've asked Xoom to provide me with that facility, but as of yet they are unable to. I can't afford the other credit card processing services because they charge an arm and a leg and on a per-monthly basis rather than on a per-transaction basis.

Anyway, I've sent your download details. Hope you enjoy the book and the additions.

Butch and I will be coming up with an FAQ of badminton techniques that ought to be really useful. It'll answer questions posted on this site as well as common questions asked by the people he trains. It'll be a great addition to the book and it'll be FREE to everyone who've already bought the book. The next time they log in, they'll be able to download this new addition.

We should have it ready in a couple of weeks. I'll email all buyers and post an announcement here when it's finished and on-line.

Thanks again,

vip

3. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    Post questions

Oh, I forgot to mention. If you've bought the book or plan to buy the book and want to have your questions included in the FAQ, post them in this forum or email them to us by clicking on the link at instructoons.com/book and Butch and I will try to include them and have them answered.

Cheers,

vip

4. daMaster

daMaster Regular Member

I checked my GMail multiple times today and I have still not received any information about downloading the book!

5. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    Resending of details

According to my email logs, your download details was sent Oct. 19 (the day your payment was cleared) but I'll resend the details again from two email accounts this time just to be sure.

Sorry again for the inconvenience,

vip

6. awanen2001

awanen2001 New Member

video access

so sir vip, how do you access the video if I have already purchased the book locally?

7. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    Publisher did not fulfill their end of the bargain

I'm afraid the publisher never pushed through with what was agreed on so I wouldn't be able to get subsidy for the site, so it'll only be available to purchasers of the eBook. Sorry.

8. lukisa

lukisa Regular Member

vip,

I have some questions:

- Can I use the book both from my pc AND my laptop?
    - Is the ebook download site functional now or is there still a problem?

Thx

9. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    yes

- Yes you can use the book from your pc and your laptop.
    - the download site as well as a lot of internet sites were hit by some slowdown today but it seems back to normal now.

vip

10. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    humm can someone downlaod the ebook and share it? :p

11. lukisa

lukisa Regular Member

So the author should work hard and pay for various expenses so that you can enjoy the book for free? There would be no book at all and everyone loses.

If you really can't afford $30 for the ebook, then just subtract that amount from the next racquet that you'll buy. It'll probably be much more beneficial to your game.

12. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    Please be fair

Thanks Lukisa,

Butch Oreta has been training, coaching, and learning about the sport for over 35 years. He's accumulated knowledge and experience that he's worked very hard at. Though he was reluctant at first to reveal the secrets he's worked so hard to learn, especially since a lot of coaches in the past have used his ideas without giving credit to him, for the sake of coming up with the best book on badminton possible, he relented and held nothing back from the book. I, on the other hand, have been writing, doing computer layout, and learning badminton for over 25 years. There wasn't an existing badminton book that explained the techniques used by top players in a clear, easy-to-read manner, that's why I came up with the book. I studied all the different instructional books in other sports to be able to come up with a format that was easiest to understand. I studied for a long time how to arrange the lessons so that they would be logical, intuitive; I wrote and rewrote the text so that they would be in layman's language and very clear and easy to get. I'm also constantly improving the book, adding new sections whenever Butch and I encounter something that would help a player improve his or her game and thus enjoy the game more.

Butch and I weren't born with a silver spoon in our mouth. We are both middle-class and work hard at our day jobs. We poured a lot of work and sweat into this book because we love the sport, we wanted to share our knowledge, experience and knowhow, but to be worth it, we also wanted to be compensated for it.

No one wants to feel exploited, i.e., working hard at something only to have that something taken from you and someone else getting rewarded for it. So please, just follow the golden rule for good karma: "don't do to others what you don't want done to you."

13. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    i was joking, it would be unfair to the author, if can afford to play badminton i can afford to pay 30 for a book, its just hard to get in canada and i dont have paypal if i wanted the ebook

14. lukisa

lukisa Regular Member

Sorry for not detecting your joke. You can have paypal if you have a credit card. Just create an account and there you go.

15. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    thats ok, i was bad joke anyways, im to young to have paypal but i might ask a friend to do it, he has paypal. but its in USD so i need to cover the currency conversion and the paypal fees, i belive theirs a fee on the percentage of what you bought or something, maybe its a fee for conversion. oh well i will figure it out, i really want this book.

16. lukisa

lukisa Regular Member

You only need to cover the conversion fees, which is negligible anyway, but the paypal fees is on the seller.

17. C6Goh

C6Goh Regular Member

Is that anyway i can buy the hardcopy of the book. I'm staying in Malaysia. I prefer the hardcopy version.

18. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    via bookstore?

You can try asking your bookstore to order the hard copy from UST Publishing House in Manila at the University of Santo Tomas.

Note that the hard copy doesn't have the additions Butch and I have added since the book was published as well as access to the videos.

vip

19. C6Goh

C6Goh Regular Member

Ants, can you help me to get the hard copy of the book?

20. indra81

indra81 Regular Member

owner
    i want to buy, where.......................? i am in indonesia