Best book on badminton techniques

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by vip_m, Feb 20, 2006.

1. roiceus

roiceus New Member

Hi VIP, still your book not available at National Bookstore SM-Cebu
    Is there any way i could purchase this? Can I pay you through transfer fund & ship the book thru LBC ?

thanks
    royce

2. cabatoz

cabatoz Regular Member

student
    hey vip, is your book available in singapore bookstores? dun really wish to get the ebook cos i dislike reading on the computer screen.

thx,
    cabatoz =]

3. DikkieD

DikkieD New Member

Projectmanagement Healthcare IT
    Since I am off to Malaysia and Spore in 4 weeks, I was wondering if someone could verify whether this book is for sale at the regular MPH's in Malaysia? I was hoping to pick up a copy of this book, when I'm residing over there.

Cheers

4. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

OK, so I am in the UK, I don't have a credit card, I do have a debit card, but my bank is not listed in the options available on the drop-down menu in PayPal, although I have used it to pay for e-bay purchases in the past. What next?

5. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    Currently only available in Manila

As far as I know, the print version is currently distributed only in the Philippines so far.

vip

6. DikkieD

DikkieD New Member

I think I do not get it. I read (almost) every reply in this thread, and it gave me the impression this book was already for sale? I read about Malaysia and Singapore too. Since I am going there in a short time, I was hoping to pick it up over there.

If there's another way of ordering this book I would do that then...

7. DikkieD

DikkieD New Member

I should add to that I am only interested in a papercopy, I do not read from pc screens :)

8. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    Debit cards

Sorry Slanter, according to Xoom.com, they only accept debit cards from the U.S.

vip

9. aching_1999

aching_1999 Regular Member

Project Manager
    VIP pwede ba COD to Angeles Pampanga coming directly from you? Cant find it anywhere in SM Pampanga and SM Clark. Will shoulder any additional expenses that it may incurr if this method of payment is feasible. If interested, please give me your email so I can email you my mailing address and info. Thanks!

10. Wonger8

Wonger8 Regular Member

XOOM questions

Hey Vip, i'm really interested in purchasing one of your e-books on the badminton training but i was just wondering something. I want to know if registering to Xoom and paying through that, is it safe? Also, how exactly do i receive my e-book after i have paid for it. Thank You Very Much for caring.

11. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    Xoom safety and eBook details

Hi. Hundreds of eBook purchasers have used Xoom and I haven't heard any complaints. They've been in the remittance business for some time and are pretty reliable/secure. After you purchase the eBook, you automatically get sent an email with details on how to download the eBook and other extras.

You can get the eBook at http://instructoons.com/book/

Thanks,

vip

12. Wonger8

Wonger8 Regular Member

Hey Vip do u no if u have to fill in the part where it says address and home phone number when registering for Xoom?

13. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    xoom

If you already have a Paypal account, then you don't. If you don't have a Paypal account yet, then you have to register with the full credit card info including address--address that for your credit card billing (I'm not sure about phone number) just like in other sites.

Thanks,

vip

14. Wonger8

Wonger8 Regular Member

Hey Vip, i've been thinking and i was wondering. I am at a beginners level in badminton and i really want to make my school's badminton team next year and i really want to train hard this summer. Do u think this book is beneficial in my process of becoming a better player?

15. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    Definitely!

Definitely! If there's one thing I made sure of, the book doesn't assume the reader has already a high skill level to understand and learn the techniques taught in the book. In fact, beginners and intermediate players will probably achieve the most improvement thanks to the book, although advanced players may also get to fix some of their flaws or improve their power and consistency in case there are some techniques they're doing that aren't optimized.

So if you're a beginner, and you read through all the techniques in the book and practice them and you have innate talent, I'm pretty sure it'll increase your chances by a wide margin for making it to the team.

Good luck with your endeavors!

http://instructoons.com/book/

vip

16. tomtom

tomtom Regular Member

UNIX SysAd
    i just got my copy from Powerbooks earlier, any chance that I can get the videos downloaded for free? :D

17. guitar_pic

guitar_pic Regular Member

MIS Sales Consultant
    Quick Questions

Hi Vip. I just have a few questions before I order the ebook:

1. Am I allowed to download the PDF file on 2 devices? I am hoping to have it in my desktop to read thru at night, and to also have it my Dell axim PDA. I would like to use that when I am playing or to have as a quick reference guide when I am playing.

2. The videos that will be availalbe to registered users, can those be downloaded and saved in my pc for reference?

3. There's mentioning about update available for registered ebook users. Will some of the update explain the new 21 point system? If there is, then will it also have some strategy or tips for singles & double when using the new system?

Thanks!

18. vip_m

vip_m Regular Member

writer/web developer
    answers to your questions

The book emphasizes techniques rather than the rules, so it's more of a general guide that you can apply to any point system. If you're interested, here's a link to a badmintoncentral discussion about the impact of the new scoring system on strategies:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33198

As for updates, Butch and I are constantly listening to user feedback and have already created two addendums to the book which is available to all ebook buyers. We're planning to add more.

19. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

getting hardcopy

hey vip,

could you post me a hardcopy of the book from the phils? i would be willing to pay any postage costs to malaysia or australia. could you help me coz im not very eager to buy the pdf copy because of several reasons like:

i) you cant read it and try at the same time coz its not on the court
    ii) imperfect technology that causes you to have to format your computer once in a while so means loss of all data, including such a precious ebook
    iii) a hardcopy just feels so much better for me

anyway, could you help me vip? i could pay you through paypal for the book and the postage costs. please and thank you.

20. C6Goh

C6Goh Regular Member

is the book available in Malaysia now? or is there any way to order it by postal mail?