Daihatsu Yonex JAPAN Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (11-16 September)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 10, 2018.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well, I don't think TTY herself care much about it. As she always said, there is nothing to prove.

2. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

I feel sad for both Li. If Kevin and Marcus is not playing in the same era as them they would have won much more titles in their career, too bad they have to face this pair in this career.

3. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

it is not normal for someone to ignore a hand that is already obviously in front of you, especially if you know that you will hand shake each other

to be honest

I am quite disappointed with Kevin in this matter

Doing psychological war during the game is one thing

but doing particularly at the moment that should represent friendship and sportsmanship is just kinda the same as saying, 'I dont care about friendship and sportsmanship as long as I win'

It'sMeMeMe and Woman.in.Red like this.
  4. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    not going to work, their chance is even slimmer if the game go to rubber, regardless Kevin / Marcus tired or not. They will always deliver on the third set, especially final match.

Like everybody said yesterday, their best chance is to finish them in two straight sets.

5. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    Maybe Li/Liu were just lack of passion to win the match. They showed that since G1 when they were left 2 or 3 points behind.

6. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    If they managed to force a rubber game, at least they could show better fight.

7. Nguyễn Việt Chiến

Nguyễn Việt Chiến Regular Member

Md without BoeMoe, Mads duo,... WD without JuhlPedersen... In my opinion, Asiad has nothing compare to World Championship or All England, except its a 4 year event

8. badito

badito Regular Member

WC just annual event nothing special just like super series, if you fail this year you can try again next year. Two pairs from Danes are good pairs and they yet to win super series this year.

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Seriously guys, after those comments I have rewatched that particular scene 5 times now.

Kevin wasn't ignoring Li's hand. He has actually raised his hand to shake Li's hand but Li's turned to shake Marcus's hand first. Then when Kevin was going to shake Li's hand he was being blocked by the service judge's arm shaking hands with Marcus. Then he wanted to shake Li's hand but Li was just standing there like a statue even Marcus got confused and shook Li's hand AGAIN so Kevin got confused on whom he should shake hand first or whose arms going to raise and block him.

I think Li was feeling very unwell that he didn't even know what he was doing even during the whole match. His service errors were horrifying. Maybe he got ill and took some medicine that made him high? Or pain killers perhaps? Some people just don't react well to those meds

SpursIndonesia, visor and Amlite like this.
  10. Nguyễn Việt Chiến

You cant take both WC and Olympic titles in the same year, it makes WC more special than Super Series. And if the problem is you cant take another chance for Asiad because its a 4 year event, so Asiad has nothing special more than Commonwealth Games

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think you are just like someone saying as a bitter loser.

12. badito

badito Regular Member

Many big players from China, Korea, Japan, Indonesia playing in Asian Games and don't compare it with Commonwealth Games.

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

well this is stupid . you can say that with Olympic Games too.. 4 years wait is not worth it then what is 1 year wait for titles? lol.

badito likes this.
  14. Nguyễn Việt Chiến

Lol, in my opinion, Olympic of course the highest level of badminton, Oly > Wc> Asiad = Ss, maybe Bwf have the same thought with me based on the point they give for the title holders. Furthermore, you wait 4 years and still cant compete with strongest opponents all around the world, lol

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Wait another 4 years then. Points dont mean anything. Titles are titles. and AsianGames are not even BWF events same with Olympics . Players dont crave points for this Multi Events. Its much more than winning just gold.

badito likes this.
  16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Not trying to contradict your opinion. Because Olympics is a multi sports event and the highest HONOR because all countries in the world participated.

And to be fair, how could Olympics be the highest level of badminton when most highly ranked players couldn't even participate because one country could only send 1 or 2 at most representative in one discipline? The highest level of tournament perhaps but I don't think it is the highest level of badminton of the world.

17. Nguyễn Việt Chiến

I see your point, just forgot the limit of 2 representatives each nation for both Asiad and Olympic that make them, in some ways, less competitive than WC

18. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

Friendship and sportmanship lol, this is not some game at the gym, this is japan open final, aint nobody here to make friends, if it were me id rather win and not make friends

19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Kevin/Gideon, the Minions, is the kryptonite to the Chinese. Their body languages showed it. LJH seems like to be somewhere else instead.

Congrats Kevin/Gideon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. indrg

indrg Regular Member

???? class? What are you talking about man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk