Gender attitudes on court

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Borkya, Nov 28, 2017.

1. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    Absolute nonsense. I am always barking at my partners in a competitive game and I've had many bark at me.

#81 UkPlayer, Jan 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    BadmintonDave and ralphz like this.
  2. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    As a strong player with 3 weaker players that happens to me that I get frozen out of the game. Hence, I don't play with weaker players, which has been difficult to cultivate. Is this a gender specific issue, or is being the strongest player boring?

3. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

I just wanted to give an update.

About a month ago she got her first win against me on one of my lesser days. However, that win gave her more confidence and last week she beat me when I was playing well. Naturally I wanted a rematch and in the second one she completely outclassed me to get a 20-14 lead. With some dogged determination and sheer physicality, I won it 25-23 on my first match point.

I suspect any win will be much more hard fought from now on. While she still suffers from nerves, the dam has broken. She now knows she can beat me and plays more active badminton. She will only continue to improve as time goes on, so I have my work cut out for me. So far, my win condition seems to be speed. When I am fresh I can still dominate, but I cannot let up. I have to work much harder than before for my points.

These wins on her part, and her wins against other players have given her more social confidence as well. She is more talkative in between matches and more proactive in asking for games. It's great to see her assert herself as a badminton player and as a person, despite the challenging atmosphere.

phihag likes this.