Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    The Christmas bonus awaiting them from PBSI, club and sponsors is big. Fernaldi can buy a big house for his soon to be wife.

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Do they possess a Ferrari yet?

3. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    They can buy Ferrari and still get change from their Yonex contract alone. Whether they want to splurge on supercars it's up to them. Sanjaya is now endorsing many local brands. Even Greysia Polii call him the new rich kid but advised them to stay humble and not get to carried away with their current fame and fortune.

As fans, I want them to stay title hungry that's all. Fortune is fruit of their hardwork. But to win Olympic 2020 must be first on their priority.

stanleyfm likes this.
  4. Nine Tailed Fox

Haha. True. I feel a new Lamborghini or a Ferrari is just around the corner for them.

5. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

this is very true. Well, the first for them actually is to win the Asian Games, then WC 2019 and Tokyo 2020. Let's just hope they can maintain their level and peak at these tournaments, as well as to show better grit in team events (SC/TC)

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Kevin is playing like Flashpoint today

But Gideon workaholic attitude and reflexes keeps them in a match they could lose in R2 against Lee/Lee. Look at Gideon legs so tanned now. It wasnt like that one a half year ago. He is just laser focused not disturbed by anything.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I dont see it like that. I found Cai/Fu and Jung/Lee more attractive to watch, with more even pairs and no technical weaknesses on them.
    Cai/Fu played brilliant attacking badminton, fast and explosive to the max, whilst Lee had unbelievable matches where he read everything right -in a way, similar to Sukamuljo, but without the **** attitude.
    I also think they focus heavily on power or rather speed. They play fast whenever they can, and I've never seen them play a slow game where they pull the opponents around and outmaneouvre them. Their 5/6 loss rate in matches over 52 minutes seems to indicate that as well, since they're no longer as explosive that far into a match and their very negative record in that kind of situation certainly points towards a reliance on speed to me.

Entirely different point:
    Indonesia seems to have a knack for teaching their doubles players to perfectly augment a terrific net player with natural talent. They did it with two partners for Setiawan and now with Fernaldi - they are part of the National setup now, arent they?
    Kudos to them. With the bias towards singles players, Srikanth or Axelsen could still take the POTY away from them if they finish the year with a bang though.

#387 j4ckie, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Cai/Fu Jung/Lee is history and its your bias. CaiFu only 14SS thats the point. Fu playing with smashes at own will thats what you called nice to watch? I just watched their AllEngland match 2012 Final i think. wasnt competitive too much emphasis on power.

Kevin:Gideon will have decimated them in their peak.

9. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Haha yeah, they could also spend it wisely with investing like Sony Kuncoro, Taufik Hidayat and Lee Chong Wei who have their own stadium and academy. Or like Butet who have multiple business in Jakarta. So they could retire young but rich.

Minions yearly contract with Yonex stands at around 800,000 USD for two of them from what I heard. A shy amount compared to GOAT, who is receiving 1,6 million USD per year from Yonex. But they also have prize money, bonuses from PBSI, their clubs (Djarum and Tangkas), sponsors and many kind of endorsements. Sanjaya is endorsing energy drink, online game, snacks, mobile apps, biggest online forum in INA, to mention a few. A POTY 2017 award would guarantee one or two hundred thousand dollars of Christmas bonuses for the two from their association and club.

#389 badlove, Nov 19, 2017
    Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  10. Nine Tailed Fox

Sanjaya better share some money with Fernaldi too :D

11. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    They are both rich (prize money split , contract, PBSI salary, sponsor, bonus, allowance are mostly split same except Fernaldi might have higher salary rate as a senior national player with longer year at PBSI). Fernaldi got more bonuses after SEA Games and also PON (National Olympics) where he won for team Jakarta. He was also granted multiple bonus from his club Tangkas, whilst Sanjaya got from Djarum. Sanjaya is better at selling his looks to endorse brands though. And it's also no secret their 'tunjangan' or allowance from the government is big because they have been very close to sport minister and our president. Their current consistent WR1 and also multiple SS titles has made them chosen as sport ambassadors for our country.

#391 badlove, Nov 19, 2017
    Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah yeah surely they would have. Talk when they have won 4 WC, 1 OG Gold and 1 OG silver. Until then, they're the LCW to Cai/Fu's LD. Or at the very least Fu's LD.
    And if you judge any player on one match alone, I pity you, because you'll stamp a lot of players off as unenjoyable unnecessarily. Watch the 2010 HK Open Final, the 2009/2010/2011 WC campaigns, the Thomas Cups in that time....then re-evaluate. The battles against Jung/Lee were epic.
    Saying who wouldve won when comparing players of different eras is always difficult and guesswork at best, but there's no reasonable argument why one of the pairs should have clearly won vs the other. Cai/Fu and Jung/Lee both played at the very top of the game, as do Sukamuljo/Gideon. The comparison of SS titles is even more unbalanced as Cai/Fu played quite a few years before the inception of the Superseries, winning the 2005 AE and WC Gold in 2006 and Bronze in 2003, for example.
    Anyhow, I just dont find the 'minions' particularly enjoyable to watch as I dislike Kevin's attitude and Gideon's technique. I dont actively avoid their matches and see most of their highlights, but I prefer to watch others where I'm not constantly irritated. I also disliked watching 2011/2012 BoMo for similar reasons, find them more interesting now that they dont play all the possible mind games and little tricks anymore.
    Nothing I posted is an attack on your favorite players, btw, relax.

samkool and visor like this.
  13. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Well, if they want and need them , they would it's their money to spend after all.

FYI, they are flying business or first class to every country they're playing, and also stay in at least 4-5 stars hotels on PBSI'S expense so most of their travel expenses will already be covered by PBSI.

14. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys

Haha yeah it's as if they could read what shot is coming from BoMo next especially in game 2. Kevin was storming to the front after Gideon set up for him. Gideon is exceptionally good in setting up for Kevin. Also a tactic by Ko Herry IP well carried out. Well done by the minions. Hopefully they will keep this form until 2020. One of the great element of their success is they communicate really well on court.:)

Congrats to Gideon who will tie the knot next year. Gideon is also guaranteed a spot in Djarum (Kevin's club) as a coach post retirement if he's willing to take it according to Djarum'S Public Relation. Kevin should rake in as much as endorsements he could make when their big name is selling haha.;)

15. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Yeap I want to them to work and train even harder. It's been a wonderful year, but don't get carried away by fame and fortune. They have to stay focus and most importantly stay title hungry till 2020.

16. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

but Coach Herry IP was not there with them yesterday, or was he?

17. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    After attending Debby Susanto's wedding, he was in Macau with Ade Yusuf/ Wahyu. But he might have returned to Indo after Macau GP.

Minions were with Koh Aryono Miranat, who already have "special" instruction from Koh Herry IP. Proven to beat BoMo back to back straight sets.

#397 badlove, Nov 19, 2017
  18. Master

Master Regular Member

No, he wasn't there. Aryono the coach assistant with them yesterday. But we could say both Herry IP and Aryono should be known for their good tactical coach for double players. You may recognise that Aryono was the man sitting in coach bench when Praveen/Debby won All England 2016.

19. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Herry IP is the legend who made many INA men doubles legends. Minions, I expect will be among the legends in the future.

20. Master

Master Regular Member

Nice ending match by both of them

[​IMG]