Launcher Shuttlecock - Baddy - Cheap - Open Source

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by satel, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Ballschubser

Ballschubser Regular Member

Yesterday I tested the original 6V power adapter after the shuttles got stuck again and voila, no more issues. So my modification was the primary reason for the shuttles getting stuck.

2. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I was not inspired by the product in the end. I am impatiently waiting for the baddy V3. I think on the long run it is a better investment.

s_mair likes this.
  3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Do you guys have any infos about baddy V3? Baddy's Facebooks seems to be dead since nearly a year. How does the order process work and how is the experience/performance of previous versions? Is baddy something for a club enviroment or should I invest more into a Siboasi? @LenaicM did you register and know more? :)

4. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I am still waiting for an update, I tried to chat online using the dialogue box of the Baddy's website, never got an answer.

Both machines are not comparable, the Siboasi has a much higher shuttle capacity and launching speed. It is more capable. The baddy is amazing for one player to practice on his/her own or a small club environment.

ucantseeme likes this.
  5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

I wrote them on facebook a message but also never got an answer.

I know that both machines are not compareable, but buying 2 baddy to discover that it is not made to withstand to use it 1-2 douzen of hours per month without maintenance in a long run would turn it into a bad buy. Are here any people who used it excessive to report?

I plan to use them in junior training as a support for feeding shuttles (too many kids, too less feeder). Also to have a precise feeding for beginners to learn to be prepared for a shuttle, move and try to hit and to design some complex training drills for the seniors.

LenaicM likes this.
  6. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    It's a shame because this could have gone somewhere. The project looks dead right now. Also I spent time looking for the printing parts for v2 so I could build it and they didn't upload them properly so looks disorganised.

I don't know why they didn't just stop at v2 and order more electronics and print more parts, what's the point of trying to improve if you kill the project. They had a working low cost feeder already. Now you can't trust that even if v3 comes along that the thing is even going to get delivered working. It's very annoying that they make this big song and dance over v3 and go dead leaving people who have been waiting for it in limbo, and at the same time kill off v2 when all they have to do is upload the laser cut diagrams properly. Even if I order the v2 maker I have no idea what will happen because whoever is behind this seems not to care at all.

#46 UkPlayer, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    ucantseeme likes this.
  7. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    I don't know, I could have bought 4 of those things for half the price of a baddy and been using them for a couple of months already. I could have worked out how to mod them for remote operation in sync as well and written software to do it. Now it would have to be a couple of months to get these from China as they are not in the UK anymore, and more expensive too. This is what's annoyed me about baddy. We could be waiting a long time.

8. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    I've ordered this cheapo one and am going to open it up when it gets here to see if I can stick a microprocessor in to control it and up the power of the motors. From the looks of things the feeding mechanism is pretty smart, smarter than baddy in fact, and it generates a remarkable amount of power from the current it's drawing, the baddy uses significantly more current and doesn't generate much more power so I'm interested to see how they've achieved this using cheap components and low voltage.

I can build a baddy on my own if I want but I'll see if I can come up with a mod for this first, I'm still hoping baddy will pick up again though I can see why they're having problems and I'd bet it's not going forwards.

The latest Siboasi B2000 looks pretty cheap depending on import cost if you're a club now though. Wouldn't want to lug it around as an individual which is why I'd rather make my own. I've also no idea how good the warranty is for it if anything goes wrong but they seem pretty on the ball as a company making this type of technology.

I think we're at a bit of a tipping point for feeder technology, if they could engineer that cheapo one I'd bet someone is coming up with a decent individual one for around £200 or so, which is why Siboasi is starting to lower their costs.

#48 UkPlayer, Nov 26, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2021