Lin Dan VS Pete Gade tomorrow?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by sudirman, Aug 13, 2009.

?

Lin Dan vs. Peter Gade. who wins?

Poll closed Aug 14, 2009.
  1. Peter Hoeg Gade (DEN)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lin Dan (CHN)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Should the next few days unfolds such that LD plays and beat PG(#3)-LCW(#1)-CJ(#2) in a row to win WC09, that would probably makes it one of the toughest path to winning any majors (i.e. AE,OG,OLY,WC) we have ever seen, and would truly makes LD a great champion. Do you think that could happen?
    Based on the scorecard and the manner LD disposed of his opponent with clinical efficiency, I would not beat against that. Even though PG and LCW are playing well so far, I still place my bet on LD to win.

#21 OneToughBirdie, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    shouldn't u be rooting for your next of kin LCW?:p

3. kenmay

kenmay New Member

if the match goes to third set, LD will beat PG with no doubt, LD is a player with with energy and emotion.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    finally LD can change to his 4th and 5th gears.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

As long as..

..Super Dan doesn't overlook PG to another possible rematch with LCW, he should win. This is Super Dan's match to lose.:cool:

6. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    In LD early days, LD would take his opponents lightly in early rounds and lost. Now, with LD winning experience in majors and a huge carrot dangling in front of him in the form of 3x MS champion (maybe more to come), I can't see LD overlook PG who is a major threat and rank higher lightly...Mental game, speed, footwork, age, power smash, stamina, etc, LD exceeds or on par with PG...on game day, LD may lose if he play below form and PG hits super-high form like standing on water, that may be the only way LD would lose to PG and deny us a LD-LCW meeting, assuming LCW get past SDK. I hope LD/LCW meet, so much at stack for both, I probably would have to take a day off to watch the darn thing in the wee hours of the morning.

7. ronrigotx

ronrigotx New Member

I think Lin Dan will win, but I'm rooting for Peter Gade. Has Peter Gade ever beat Lin Dan?

8. ben95

ben95 Regular Member

studient
    Yes. Three times if I remember well.

The latest was during China Master 2006.

Gooooooooo Peter

9. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Yes and it was 3 years ago. LD has improved alot since, it is very unlikely that Gade can beat LD.

80:20 to LD I say.

10. ben95

ben95 Regular Member

studient
    80:20 :eek: it's a bit harsh.

Even if i'd love to see PG winning, 65:35 for LD seems more fair to me, isn't it?

Off topic but I don't see LD winning this year. Difficult to beat in row PG, LCW/SDK and CJ.... If CJ doesn't this year I think he will kick himself he has a golden opportunity.

11. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    PG has been performing really well since his first match, He beat Sasaki and CYK in two straight games and below 12 points in each set.....Thats Amazing, I wish PG win this World Championships because he deserves it.....LD has won it twice, I love Lin Dan, but we should see a change this time, If not PG then I would love to see LCW win it.......LD still seems the most strongest, The number1 and the Champion...........................I'll be happy if PG wins this time......

12. SuperBird

SuperBird Regular Member

Doctor
    If peter gade don't screw up his half court net cross and can defend against LD smashed, it will be a close match to watch--then LD in 3. otherwise prediction is 21 - 15 & 21 - 12 for LD all the wayz..........

"white powder"---Chinese secret undetectable cocaine...to give LD that natural HIGH & power & quickness.......please don't tell anyone.......thx

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Secret chinese "white powder"..^^

..are you sure that's not body powder or tempura baking flour??..:confused:

14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    65:35 and 80:20 really makes no difference;)...the goose is cooked either way, maybe not that well cooked if it is 65:35:p:D

15. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    World ranking

If LD wins WC09 will he finally be rank #1? Lets says LCW comes seconed.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^The answer to your query is..^^

..no...And neither LD or LCW will come in 2nd place in this yr's WC (one will be eliminated in the Semis)..

Currently:
    LCW (WR #1) has 76000 pts
    LD (WR #5) has 51040 pts

BWF ruling states:
    - Winner of WC gets 12000 pts
    - Runner up of WC gets 10200 pts
    - 3/4 (Semifinalists) of WC gets 8400 pts

In case LD wins the WC, he will get 63040 (51040+12000) pts
    In case LCW loses in the Semis, he will get 84400 (76000+8400) pts

However, if LD plays in more tourneys the rest of the yr and wins them, then he has a chance to finish as #1 at yr's end. Depends also if LCW continues to play the same amt of tourneys & how well he finishes in each tourney.

#36 ctjcad, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  17. arowana

arowana Regular Member

-
    hi ctjcad, don't think it's enough to add those points to total ranking points ;) result might be the same, but who cares about WR? for example chineses championship is much harder to win than any other tournamant, olympics the opposite...

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^And..^^

..what are you referring to??..are you trying to make the calculation more complicated than it is??..:confused:
    badwally only asked for a confirmation whether LD will be WR #1 if he wins this WC??..

19. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer

Thanks ctjcad for the information. So even if LCW loses in WC he will still retain his world #1 ranking. I know there has been many BC'er arguing that LD is really the world #1 because he has won more major tournaments but I think that is a false impression. I know I am going to be shot at for my following comments but hey that is why I walk around with a bulls eye. I think the definition of champion with regards to world ranking does not only mean that you are better technically, mentally or strategically but also how long you can sustain that level of intensity. The argument that LD is superior to LCW both technically and strategically does not at this moment mens he is better. He also need to prove that he can sustain this level for longer which means he needs to prove that he can do this as long as LCW. That basically means he need to play as much as LCW in international tournament. If he can do this and gets higher ranking at the end of the year than LCW then there is no debate.
    I am not sure if this is an appropriate tread to post this comment or there already exist a tread for this I leave to the forum guardian to decide.:D

20. arowana

arowana Regular Member

-
    you also need to look at the points they lose and there is only a limited number of tournaments counted... so you have to substract the lowest counted, which could be very different from both players...

what i refer to is, this is only calculation... doesn't tell you much about lin dan...as some of you already noticed. many players get points, because they attend tournaments and get ranking points and can attend next tournaments to get ranking points...top 20 in WORLDranking doesnt mean much, take Charmaine Reid from Canada for example (no offense)...