Shuttlers list out reasons for poor performance in the Finals

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by jimbo, May 20, 2010.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Nah, MAS should kidnap TXH instead;)
    then LCW will learn all of LD's secret AND LD would not feel confident without TXH.
    Kill 2 birds with 1 stone:p

#101 cooler, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

that's odd, pjswift thinks LD won because LCW got fooled by LD's put on, his fake persona. LCW lost to a paper tiger.

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

It is true that he didn't play his normal game. You have to admit, that was one of the factors where LCW lost to LD. But plus many more, LD was playing really well that day too. But look what happened, even though people said he was playing like a god, in the first game LCW managed to take off a few consecutive points from LD. Any reason for that? (Although that was too late to save LCW from collapsing.)

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I think the pressure was too big for LCW and his mind was totally blank when all his shots can be returned by LinDan. It does not meant that LCW didnt play well.. just that LiNDan was ahead of his game.

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    me don't think thats a good idea, if txh kidnap, lin dan cries, lost to lcw and ......
    cooler has nothing to boast and go 6th gear home...

6. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    its much more than like spotting questions before a test or training anticipative drills/tactic specially to counter lin dan's game. in fact one can never prepare all against lin dan. his skills is his hands and his fast change of plans as he thinks fast. but only when he trains enough to get his speed and endurance, this will work.:D

misbun does work out a lot of analysis and its impossible to bring up during short seconds of breaks to lcw. a coach can't do much during a game in play, only the player has to think fast and change fast. if the mind is set for that with pressure here and there, there's no way its going to work.
    this is a case of importance of speed endurance in badminton. when you are fast you are just on the top of the world!:D

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Again, u r bolehing something that has a low chance of happening.
    Don't worry about me or LD lah. You should worry about how lcw can beat LD lah.
    Are giving bad advice to the national coaching staff?

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    only you can boleh because from google, i was referring to your earlier joke (below) and you should reply based on the 'story' and not on the last content of the post:rolleyes:

thus, your joke becomes now, a senseless post. maybe what others say you have a reading and understanding disorder but i say you have also a jumping disorder :eek:

definitely i am not worry about lin dan and lcw, its just curiosity to know more about them as its related to my work but seriously last month i do worry about you when you disappear for over a month :D

and so i am not giving bad advise to national coaching staff but good advise to you to get rid of those disorders:D

#108 pBmMalaysia, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yup, u sure bought it. If u have read my posts, i have pc problem. I bought 2 pc last month to solve it, just like BP drilling 2 relief wells.

look at all those nonsense game analysis by your peers. As a coach, u could concentrate on helping them out first.

#109 cooler, May 29, 2010
  10. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    ok, that will be very good if the 2 pc can get rid of the disorders:cool:

in bc am willing to share and learn:D

#110 pBmMalaysia, May 29, 2010
  11. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Why odd? She could be right with her opinions. I can see her points in her post. If you cant, go have a positive discussion with her rather using these cheap and dirty ways of fanning the fire among bolehians.

No matter its odd or even, its non of your business and I see you being the odd one out here.
    ROTFLOL!! You said others posts being nonsense:confused:. All I knew were many others said to me you wrote nonsense and being one yourself. The problem lies with you, dont blame on the pc.

Like I said before, having you around is a blessing in disguise. When we had a bad day at work, all we need to do is go read your posts to cheer things up:D. Voila Bob. Go for it in CO!:p

12. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Ya share and learn definitely. Depend on one's will.

But do you remember pbm, how this guy cooler deceived others by giving away wrong information on that steel racket thread? I and the origin thread starter had a good laugh about it!!:D:D

Talking about someone with over 20,000 posts ah:eek:.

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    give him a break la, he couldn't cope with one pc so now he got another one to make two.;)

either he will do fine or maybe reply 1st pc but post in 2nd pc ....stuff like that or
    maybe as he always like to cut & paste, cut the right centerfold but place into the wrong place in bc :D

#113 pBmMalaysia, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Are you sure that one can never prepare all against LD because of his fast skills and quick thinking? Well, how did KOR MS Choi beat LD? Through luck? You think Choi did not prepare at all and can just beat LD straight? Well, it's quite clear that LD had little, if any, preparation against Choi.Was LD's skills in his hands and was he fast in his change of plans as he thinks fast? That wasn't happening and the surprising fact is Choi came from behind to beat LD. CHN coach was still shouting instructions to LD towards the end of the match! That was a clueless LD who couldn't turn things around an unknown WR100+. The point is, no matter how superb the skills and speed, there is no substitute for comprehensive match preparations against a top opponent (or in the case of Choi,non-opponent.)
    As for Misbun, well,if the analysis about the opponent is more comprehensive before the match than during the match, LCW would not collapse. In fact during SO09, Misbun was not present.LCW had to do the thinking himself and then discussed that with Misbun. That's what LCW should do more often , instead of wait for Misbun to do the analysis. I believe that Misbun would watch a video separately from LCW. Why can't coach and charge watch a video together and then analyse and discuss? That would be the smarter way. I can imagine when Team CHN watch a video, it would be both the coaches and charges together for the purpose of comprehensive analysis.
    (In tennis, Murray said he studied Federer's game through intensive video work.His first? victory over Fed was to cause Fed to gift him through countless errors. Fed was mad that Murray won in such a cheap manner but that's one way to win. Then after Davydenko beat Fed for the first time, Fed studied Davy and realised that Davy would go through a phase like a typhoon in a match and win points in a hurry and then the storm would settle down. Knowing that is useful because Fed knows there's no need to fight Davy and waste energy during the storm phase. Then he up his game after that.
    In LD's case, you can check his mental state by testing his backhand. When his backhand is weak or gone, his mind's out of court.)

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    LCW and Misbun did watch their game matches together. How frequent im not sure. But I do know that LCW usually watches his opponents game and his game in his own room at night. Of course Misbun is not there at that time.

16. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    The point is not whether Misbun or LCW studied their opponents game together, separately, before or during the match itself. The point is (if all were done) LCW still couldn't find a way to topple LD whereas LD can beat LCW consistently and whenever it matters most.

There is only so much one can do with videos. I believed a right coach cum tactician is more vital to LCW right now.

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    in my opinion, any player who is in the circuit has a lot of lin dan's video and i am sure choi hj has watched numerous times! that being an advantage for choi but not for lin dan, probably he has never seen or study his game thus, is totally a disadvantage to start off with not to mention his irregular training. thus choi really caught lin dan by surprise and i would not say this is purely luck! it has some hard work, good analysis and the advantage of not been noticed!:D

misbun and lcw, i am sure they watched and they discuss about lin dan's game play but as i mentioned lin dan is no ordinary player.;)
    if enough training and motivation he is fast and has the endurance for it! his front court control are real good, a lot of good anticipative skills with fast thinking and changing. it's just real hard to keep up with him when he is in that state!:cool:

when a player is too fast for you, you tend to lost focus because you can't keep up the pace. and when that happens in a game of 21 point new scoring system you just don't have enough time to turn around! so you lost;)

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

licked your wound and coming back for more beating? are u more knowledgeable about lawn mower now? lol
    if only lcw and kkk/tbh have your and pbm's fighting spirit, then we don't have all these discussion on BAM mess or why #1 players lost so badly.
    It does explain the mess is rooted from the junior level it seem. We have coaches like pbm spending time and energy mouthing off in public forum
    instead of instilling discipline principles onto his students but then again i wouldn't want my kids to be under those kind of coaches anyway.

#118 cooler, May 30, 2010
  19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Choi will probably go down in history as the only player to have perfect winning record against LD, 1-0. LD will never get to even the score because Choi can hardly get past the QR:D If we expect LD to play like he did in EAG where it seems he was glued to the court and rusty, I am sorry that would be a huge mistake or one big joke. When the game counts as in TC (CHN honor at stake), WC, AG, AE and OLY12 (LD swan song), expect the LD to come 100% prepared. I am not undermining LCW here but the LD in a major tourney is very tough to beat as LD is focussed only on majors. After EAG09, I had said over again, I would not rule out LD contrary to some people said LD is Done and I said it would take LD time to regain his OLY08 form after the disastrous EAG outing, but never do I expect in a short 4-5 month period, LD got back to his OLY08 form to play in TC10 and that was one heck of a performance and to do it in LCW home court where a lot people said LCW is unbeatable at home. The rest of world at this moment has it seems a LCW to possibly challenge LD (apology to INA, DEN, KOR, JAP) but the other possibility of LD losing is to his teammates in the final or to a new kid on the block, but with less than 2.5 yrs to OLY12, that kid seems remote:)

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

why are you consulting this coach? This guru coach get his coaching advice from cyber forum
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?79048-How-Do-We-Define-A-Good-Coach&highlight=

and seeking tips on 'how to beat lin dan' from public forum and likely other unidentified blogs.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...33-How-to-beat-Lin-Dan&highlight=beat+lin+dan

too lazy to even google them.

His sidekick Aspire is a fine sample prodigy of this guru coach.

#120 cooler, May 30, 2010