TC/UC 2008 - May 16 - Thomas Cup Semifinal - Day 6

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by Qidong, May 14, 2008.

1. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    There is nothing to be ashamed of, as long as best effort is given... but then one should improve over time and not be satisfied with "losing closely", so one day one might have a chance of winning.:cool:

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    why is that state going to do about this matter?
    is Sabah more famous of frying food?? :D

3. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah so technically you lose... But that's only in a very literal sense. And I really think that the same could be said for athletes who AREN'T ever satisfied with a semi-final appearance. If you don't ever feel good about yourself I don't think you're likely to make it far. Most people take things in steps... That said, Malaysia DID miss a big chance. But nevertheless can be considered winners in their own right!

4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    If you ask any REAL champion.. they will tell you that in PROFESSIONAL sport, winning is the #1 priority, but must be accompany by fairness and sportsmanship. Losing with fairness and sportsmanship still doesn't change the fact that "you lose" and definitely don't make you a winner literally.

5. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

yeah but how u know we are not going to improve in the future?i'm sure the players will try their best next time to increase the chance of winning..:)

6. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    yes.
    hardly anyone will remember or get notice the number 2
    2nd man on moon?

7. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    yea,yea,yea....I'm in total agreement...:)

8. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    don't copy the advertisement pls...:D:D:D
    hahaha...

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

ok, ok. China won 3-2, no upset, but not the end of the world ;) cos China is defending champs. The lost to Denmark in 2006, that one was...... the players & coaches really got hammered then.

Although you may take it as unitelligient, there's also other factors that the decision makers had to take into account.

Korea did not have to factor in all this so much, they never won TC bf, so what the heck, they've got nothing to lose. If Msia did that & lost Denmark in QF, there would have been loads of hammering, heads will roll in BAM. Seriously this will happen, as NSC DIrector has dislike towards Yap Kim Hock & have said some not nice things about Yap in the media.

Now, they hold their head high & say they did not intentionally lose during group match & bravely fought China.

#2169 eaglehelang, May 16, 2008
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  10. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

yup...i think if we take the same road as the korean and lost to denmark i'm absolutely sure some of u will say that malaysian is stupid for intentionally to lose in group stage rather than having a fight with china just like what eagle said just now!no matter what there will always fight here and there :(:(

11. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    how about runner up for TC 20 years ago?
    this is the fact..... not only advertisement ;)

12. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    20 yrs ago?? 1988??
    m'sia is the runner up..

13. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    good memory?
    or good searching? .... :D

14. jason_tiger

jason_tiger Regular Member

We should pay attention to Park and LHI of Korea, they have been improving so much and as good as LD, BCL and LCW.
    Watch out!

15. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Simple. Let others to replace their place in olympic. Thats all.

Fuzzy pair need exposure and they can go further.

Stupid or not depends on how u see the things my dear.

16. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LHI will retire soon and I think also SSM

17. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    When Korean first did the intentional lost to Malaysia and UK in order to avoid China, many fan and even BWF think the role should be amended to avoid the same future occurrence. And now that Korea have advanced this far, I think the same role should be kept as flexibility in strategy should be part of the team event to make it more suspense and exciting.
    In NBA, there's "hack-a-shaq", ugly but part of the game.
    Anyone agree with me?

18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    We are bored hearing of this kind of excuses already. No more excuses please.:mad::mad:

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

With the way they've been rolling..

...i don't see any reason why the KOR's squad would have to rely on such approach. IMO, they probably could take down the mighty CHN if they would have met before the Final. They're meeting CHN anyway..?!?!..

#2179 ctjcad, May 16, 2008
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Okay...didn't watch the Taufik vs Lee Hyun Il match because I already knew that Lee will wrap it up pretty quickly, given Taufik's wretched form. Dinner time for me.

Korea totally deserves the 3-0 victory over INA. Overall, they are more balanced and complete as a team. Park Sung Hwan just never gives up and his stamina is so good. Lin Dan will have a problem containing him on Sunday.

Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae have indeed improved a lot in these 3 mths. To think that they lost to Luluk/Alvent in front of their home crowd in late January and now, they are easily the favorite for the Gold Medal at the Beijing Olympics. Thanks to the hard work by Ha Tae Kwon, whom IMHO has really transformed the KOR pair from a good pair into a solid and excellent pair.

Their defense is so damn hard to break down lately and even Kido/Hendra admitted in Kompas that the INA pair still has work to do in this aspect. The INA pair played relatively well in the first and second set, but, Hendra was not confident enough facing the inspired Lee Yong Dae. And once again, ye333 is spot on with his previous analysis that the INA pair still lacks that situational awareness. Look at how they easily lost their way once the KOR pair went from 6-4 to 11-4 in just a matter of seconds.

What can I say about Lee Yong Dae..he's totally brilliant and keeps on improving. In the WC, u can see that the lad made lots of errors, but, today, he was really the man of the match in the MD contest. His dominance over the net actually intimidated Hendra and that was the key factor!

I hope the INA pair can regroup themselves and focus on their weakness. There's still some time to go before the Beijing Olympics.