TUC finals draw COMES OUT

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by cxytdn, Feb 25, 2006.

1. alloh

alloh Regular Member

:eek: Where did you get this info?

2. indra

indra Regular Member

Taufik has a better chance of winning over whoever player fielded (China)
    Yes...if Taufik loses, then that's the end of the dream. The key is at the hand of Taufik.

3. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

I have read it in a Chinese website too, not sure whether it is sure. The article commented that the new system of having three single matches followed by two double matches might jeopardize China's chances of winning the Thomas Cup.

#43 rwchen, Feb 26, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  4. kemana

kemana Regular Member

that is great pressure ... good luck Taufik

5. eskey

eskey Regular Member

i don't understand why it will jeopardize China's chances. I thought that if new system implemented will favor China as they have deep and strong in MS department, in fact they can just go ahead 3-0 with all the MS played first.

6. eskey

eskey Regular Member

i just read one of the indo's news (jawa pos) about the draw of TC/UC and it's very funny that the indo official (Lius Pongoh) doesn't know the format of the competition from preliminaries to the Final, they only know about group draw, so he still assumes that only winner and runner up of the group will through to quarter final and the format is group A winner will face group B runner up, same thing for other groups. he also claims IBF didn't inform them about the recent draw date as he thought the draw would be held on 13th March.

So Badminton Central is much faster/more updated then PBSI officials hahaha

7. alloh

alloh Regular Member

:rolleyes: Not really ..... Taufik has never beated Bao Chun Lai in history if not my mistaken. Actually Taufik hard to win over tall players such as Bao Chun Lai, and even Wong Choong Hann (that's why Taufik has bad record against WCH 3:7).

If I were Li Yong Bo, I would let BCL against Taufik. And Chen Jin/Chen Hong against Sony, then Xie Xuan Ze or who else against Simon. So 3 points to settle INA easily and early. ;)

Anyhow, don't only depend on the unstable palyer like Taufik. We must look on the others as well.

8. eskey

eskey Regular Member

for sure, Taufik has beaten BCL in indo open 2003 and sudirman cup 2003, maybe in other encounters as well, can't remember, it just that BCL has better record against taufik, that's it. i agree that taufik has difficulties when facing BCL and WCH, but not all the tall players, i.e Kenneth J, maybe it's due to playing style rather than posture.

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Actually, the order of play only affects the excitement for the spectators. (Assuming that if a player plays both singles and doubles, the arrangement will change accordingly.)

It will neither favour nor jeopardize China's chances. Every player is out there to win.

It used to be all the singles then doubles. They changed it to the current system because it is no fun if China kept winning 3-0. Spectators also want to see doubles action, which in many ways is more exciting than singles.

10. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    It does change the pressure put onto the players too!
    Starting by all three singles should advantage China as they will probably win the tie 3-0 most times.
    And if they are only leading 2-1 after the MS, their doubles only need to score one more point to win the tie, so the pressure will be on the opponents who won't be allowed any mistake...

11. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

I think this is only for round robin competition within the three teams in the group match.:D

12. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Indonesia had the toughest test ever. My suggestion is fight the best. If they lost to Korea purposely in group B, in order not to meet China in semifinal, they will had to beat Malay in QF, Denmark in SF and China in F.

And the players will lost their confidence cause the coach didn't believe them enough to beat China in SF. So better fight their best. If they can won over Korea, they probably only had to fight tough opponents in SF and final.

Compare if they deliberately lost to Korea, they had to met 3 tough teams from QF, not to mention they had to fight India or German to grab a QF place.

Meanwhile, Malay will had one day rest if they top group D.

Lost to China in SF is not a shameful things cause anybody know China men is a strong team now. But if losing to Malay 3 times in a row and record the worst history ever for Indo Thomas Cup, for the first time Indo Thomas team failed to reach at least a SF place.

13. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

@eskey, the ranking for the players is not final yet. There is still 3 events before the final Thomas Uber start so players can gain points asmany as they can or the team can strategize by sending or not sending players to the events to determine who played first, second or third singles.

Btw, it doesn't mean anything if BCL is the third single for China. If Taufik play second single, BCL can play second single and let CJ or XXZ play third singles. If even Taufik play as third singles, China can still play BCL as third singles.

14. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Korea probably play Kim Dong Moon again in MD in order not to lost to Indo and at least reach SF. Remember, Ra Kyung Min already play for Korea Uber team so it make sense if KDM play for Thomas also.

15. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I don't think so. Cause if Malay wanted to win this cup teyhad to started to think like a champion. You don't had to choose who you wanted to play but the other team trying all they can to avoid you.

Beside, Malay alraedy won Indo twice facing the same players. They had a high confidence, if they beat Indo in QF their confidence will double when they met Denmark in SF.

16. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

And it will not guarantee a win even when Indo meet Denmark. Remember how we lost 2 yeras ago from Denmark practically with almost the same players.

If we deliberately lost and then lost in QF or even in SF or even in final, I believe Indo team will had some angry fans waiting in the airport welcoming them home :)

17. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I am 1000% agree with you.:)

18. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Agree with you, if Indonesia had to beat any team of the Big 5, they had to win at least 3-1. If the score tie to 2-2 , as we all know, Simon will practically give the last point to the opponent.

19. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Yep! With this format, malay and China will had a huge grin in their faces cause they had the most equal quality in their singles.

20. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Now you see, how can PBSI official didn't know the format to play Thomas Cup cause this format already been used since 2 years ago?

And the official claim they are deadly serious to win Thomas Cup back.