Recorded myself stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by akatsuki2104, May 22, 2023.

1. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

My new weaving training platform :rolleyes:

upload_2023-10-12_16-32-18.png

kwun, DarthHowie, kakinami and 2 others like this.
  2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Is the the new Arcsaber 11 tour Enchanced ? You can interchange the head with different shafts? :eek:

Cheung, akatsuki2104 and s_mair like this.
  3. akatsuki2104

Hahaha would be nice !

4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

It looks a litle round, maybe its just me from getting up this morning.

Sent from my SC-01L using Tapatalk

5. akatsuki2104

It surely is. I should have put more weight on the crosses to compensate those missing in the center but well, the racket is unusable so it doesn't really matter :oops:

kakinami likes this.
  6. akatsuki2104

I've been wondering, when a client is asking for a tension, let's say 11kg, should I do 11-11,5kg or something in between like 10,8-11,3 kg (I am generally only adding 0,5kg instead of 10% on the crosses) ?

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's the cool thing about stringing: You can decide this all by yourself. There is no standard and going by previous threads, everybody is doing that differently. :)

I go the super easy route of simply doing 11 kg for both main and crosses and be done with that whole issue.

SnowWhite and kakinami like this.
  8. akatsuki2104

Oh right, that's another way to string the racket :)
    Have you had any "issue" about the shape of the racket ? I've always thought that adding some tension on the crosses was to preserve the shape of the racket

Edit : Forgot there was a sticky thread addressing that topic :oops:

#28 akatsuki2104, Feb 13, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
  9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Nope, never hand any issue with that. IMO the correct and tight enough mounting has a far bigger influence on the final shape of the racket than those extra 0.5 kg. What did the trick for me was to re-tighten then 6 o'clock support when the first two mains are under tension. You see a small gap opening there once the tension is applied mainly due to the the frame being pulled deeper into the load spreader at the top. And this is compensated by re-tightening the 6 o'clock support there. Thanks to @Mark A for sharing this tip.

10. akatsuki2104

I will try your method on my personal racket to get the feel of the stringbed. I suppose that by doing it square instead of adding some tension, the overal feel/tension will be less

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

that again depends on your previous definition of "11 kg". ;)

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  12. akatsuki2104

Haha that's right :p

13. akatsuki2104

I just watched some of this guy videos and found his way for starting knot on the crosses interesting ! Instead of using a starting clamp like @kakinami

Here is the video (around 10:40) :

kakinami and DarthHowie like this.
  14. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    Nice find.
    On a different note, the background music for the video sure sets you into a different kind of "mood". Just you, the machine and a racket to string... >breathes deeply< LOL

s_mair, kakinami and akatsuki2104 like this.
  15. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I cannot watch =(
    Not sure if it is blocked in Japan

16. akatsuki2104

:)

kakinami likes this.
  17. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Ahh Arigato!!! I have seen videos of this dude when I think he was trying to make the string team in Korea. I only watched up to the mains, I will watch rest later. Maybe one thing I was wondering, and maybe other people can chime in. When he finished main #10 he went over on both sides the string from main 9 to 11, do other people do that? I personally, start my cross on 10 before I put my last main in and start under the main from 9 to 11 and my weave starts upon the left side, and come out over the main 9-11 while my cross is finishing down. It is probably not a big deal, just as a badminton/tennis/soft tennis/racquetball (not anymore in Japan maybe should say former racquetball)/former squash stringer, I guess maybe the tennis stringer brings out particular things to me stringing at slightly higer tensions, wanting that hard weave on your cross to have friction to help reduce the movement of strings. Just wondering for a friend =P

18. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Oh yea! F*ck!!! Do you cut your strings before you release your clamps? Just wondering for a friend, my left hand because she loves me so much. I am afraid of my knot slipping at higher tensions, just wondering if most people cut their tails before or after you release your clamps? Just asking =)

19. akatsuki2104

I don't understand what you mean? From what I saw, he was just doing the classic Yonex pattern.

I cut the strings after releasing the clamps. We never know he it can slip or not

20. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Just finished watching. I did get a few tips I think I will try out, one being that finishing knot! At higher tensions though, I think I will keep the starting clamp method, I prefer to have a few crosses pulled as a safety formy knot to get pulled on, although he does have a clamp on the 2nd cross and then he pulles his 3rd cross with the 2nd cross as a safety, hmm, gotta try it. The second thing, never really thought to do, but I always have my cams and clamps the same way on my crosses, so my cams are towards the head for the first maybe say 6 crosses and my clamps arms are towards the head, at about 6 I rurn them around so they face the throat. Maybe at his 3rd cross he turns his clamp arms towards the throat and his cams are still towards the head. Never thought to turn my clamps, it makes it easier for me to weave straight across with my clamp arm towards the throat. Gonna try that.
    I like how he has a stringers apron, I tried it in the 90's, what, I just got a phone call, the 90's just called and they want their apron back. Just kidding, kinda wanna look retro again, I will look for one and try in my next video. Pretty cool he can make a video with his Yonex String team shirt, I am jealous, I only have an old International string team shirt from 2011 =(