Recorded myself stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by akatsuki2104, May 22, 2023.

1. Canadaguyy

Canadaguyy Regular Member

I use a reel and starting clamp as extension so will use the second way. Makes complete sense. Thank you very much! Ive been wanting to record myself. Ill try to before the end of the week and post it in the forum!

akatsuki2104 and kakinami like this.
  2. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

You need to find a good stringing apron! I have been looking at the cute Japanese mama-san ones but dont really want to spend ¥2000 on something I might use 1 time =)

Sent from my SC-01L using Tapatalk

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  3. Canadaguyy

One with a few pockets so I can throw in all of my tools to carry around with me lol

4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I tried it again with Exbolt 65 23 pounds and it kinda sank into the grommet, I should have taken a picture before I released the clamp, but you can see my tail turn on my cross and my main is straight. Kinda fun to try new things![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I found a Japanese Haori

The haori (羽織) is a traditional Japanese hip- or thigh-length jacket worn over a kimono.

Looks pretty cool, gonna wear it in my next maybe short video.

6. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Just did 66 Ultimax 25 pounds, using a starting clamp in my tail pulled first 3 crosses, went back and pulled my tail and then knotted. Cross knot sat better did not sink. 2nd picture is my cross knot and 3rd is my main knot. Nanoflare 800 Pro.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Canadaguyy and akatsuki2104 like this.
  7. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Tried to make a video using WaRoo finishing knot starting. Wore my Haori, hiding my tools!!

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  8. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

I also tried this method again but what I did was release the farthest clamp first and clamp again at the same spot (so the other clamp next to the knot remains there to "protect" the knot) then release clamp next to the knot and clamp second cross.

kakinami likes this.
  9. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Clamp 2nd cross on far side, tension cross #1 then tie, dont release clamp. Pull tension on cross #2, release far clamp, clamp again on far side, release clamp on cross #1 and clamp on cross #2 near tension head, then finish? Good safety measure! If I got it correctly =)

10. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Did you see me pull out my cutters and pliers from my Haori? =)

11. akatsuki2104

Yes ! No more worries about pulling on the knot itself :)

I sure did, I was ROFL :D:D:D

12. Canadaguyy

I just tried this (short tail version) and my cross knot didnt sink into the grommet. Much better then what I used to do. Strung 25x27lbs with vbs-66 nano

13. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

bit random but in your XB65 pics the coating looks damaged/torn on the knots unlike the ultimax. i've also had this issue and thought it was just me, i think the coating on exbolt strings is just super fragile:(

DarthHowie and kakinami like this.
  14. toy_cel

toy_cel Regular Member

Yes. I found the same. I used to do "gudgeon" knots for everything but now switched to the "willis" knot for exb65 because the former strips the coating.

aiexrlder likes this.
  15. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Yea sometimes my knots dont sit right or I do feel like fibers break when pulling on my knot.

aiexrlder likes this.
  16. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I just tried it using Aerobite boost 25 pounds and I dont think my knot moved. Thinking about trying higher tensions. Seems to work good!

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  17. akatsuki2104

Did it at 13kg and worked quite well. I'll use this method from now on

kakinami likes this.
  18. akatsuki2104

Maybe one of the last video with the Wise !

As for the stringing, I don't think I have improved from the last video which is a bit frustrating. Results seem stable though, at least, by the sound when doing 2 racquets with the same string and tension

s_mair likes this.
  19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I would love to see you re-tightening the 6 o'clock support at 2:29. Since you are using two load spreaders, I'm sure there will be some play at this point. And I wonder why you haven't removed the turntable break lever (see 3:07). ;)

Pre-weaving... watching you fight with all the loose strings on the racket (same as myself when dealing with pre-woven mains btw...) makes me wonder if you got a better flow with weaving the mains on the machine. Have you tried this?

I've been working on kind of a "one ahead" process flow for the mains that avoids having to reach over the racket for threading the mains on the "right half" of the racket (hard to explain with words, but I hope you get the point). I think I've figured out a decent flow and I've planned to show this in a new video at some point. If only I had more time these days.

Also, I would like to see if you weren't better off with going one-piece. I feel like you have the exact same struggles and loss of flow when it comes to starting the crosses and finishing the mains. This is all so much more straight forward with one-piece patterns once you have built up some routine.

speCulatius and ucantseeme like this.
  20. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    It seems that the racket even untensioned moved quite a bit due a bit loose 12/6 o'clock supports. A retighten is here a must! I also never understand a load spreader at the 6 o'clock. Some frames are quite wide here or V shape (Kawasaki/Adidas). The H-Piece > 5 teeth. I had once a cracked bottom load spreader in my machine because a very wide frame sat on the top just on the outer teeth. Trimming down to 3 for a better fit can be an option and you have more space for your hands. :)

I also agree here. You have 2 hands for weaving when the racket is in.

I didn't get why he had the clamps at the bottom of the frame to weave the cross? Clamp up, out of the way you are working at. I know it is for easier access for the shared holes, but I would weave one main more (skipped outer one and clamp up) and then I would do the cross. You also have the loose segment on top out of the way of the cross segment and the area you are working at and no stringing salad which costs time.

Also would prefer to see crap string outside at the top instead of a hook. Especially when the grommets are quite nasty or you do higher tensions or use thinner strings, the string sits on the frame and this method can create scratches.

Also this several looping on the crosses of the string at the top for weaving at 19:00 creates twisting of the string which you can see.

#80 ucantseeme, Apr 12, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2024