Richmond Badminton Club Fun Night(Richmond, B.C)

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by SmashingBird, Feb 18, 2004.

1. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    Sorry Dave, the execs told me the list is full, quite a number of people called in over the weekend and filled up the chart and yet Sunday is still cancelled because no one wanted to play on Sunday.
    Sorry about that.

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Oh, no worries SmashingBird. Thanks for trying! :D

Remember to post reviews after the games.

-dave

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Dave,

Damn! Sorry to get your hopes up high for nothing. Will let you know how badly I get trashed:p.

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Alright... for starters, I just wanna say that RBC is a pretty cool club with loads of friendly faces. Had the opportunity to meet up with SmashingBird and Wwcbro for the first and dined with them. It's quite an eye-opener watching them fight it out at the advance level while I almost but not quite cruise through the intermediates:eek:.

For my games... I played and walkthrough the first game of the series before encountering quality oppositions later on. Game format is one game-15points w/o setting, except for the final game. Played four games in total with different partners... two consecutive games followed by a long interval before the last two games. Me and my partner almost fudged up the final game cuz we didn't set (organiser told us before, but I guess some of us didn't listen:p). Won 15-14 at first, but had to continue playing the set after clearing up the confusion. By that time, we edged out a 17-15 game in what seems to be eternity for the final 2 points before taking the series.

For the life of me, I can't understand how I could have so many mis-hits tonight:(. Those Winex birdies held up surprisingly well given my circumstances... so not quite a birdie-killer:D. Good thing it doesn't happen too often cuz I was very worried about my racquet at one point. Anyway, I won all my games, claimed the intermediates' trophy and cap off the night dining with the RBC folks at a restaurant in Richmond.

SmashingBird: I promise you that, next time, I will sign up with the Advance group:D.

Wwcbro: Heh! Had to apologise for staying quiet most of the night... I am just so out of my elements tonight:D. It's too bad that you won't be able to drop-in with us at Collingwood Sundays, you would have love it there:).

Anyway, very thankful for the organisers and the club for the warm welcome. I had a great time with the folks there and would love to repeat the experience again:).

#44 cappy75, Mar 5, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2004
  5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok... ur superior skill makes me worried now.

Either team up with u, or skip the ones I had to against u... :D

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

LB, you haven't even met me and already you're worried?! Actually, I doubt I could keep up with you:eek:. Heck! When you get here, I might be the one sitting on the side talking my big mouth off:D! Just give me three good games and I am done for the rest of the day:p.

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Ugh! What's wrong with my memory:(? It's actually 5 games I played in total:(. I just lumb the last two games together.

8. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    So did you play against this "beginner" SmashingBird? :D

-dave

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    hehehhehehe.... let's see.

no wonder could not find u easily online these days, busy playing and training for stamina? :eek:

10. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Crappy,
    Who did you ended up in your group? And who's in the advanced groups (other than SmashingBird, Wwcbro, infamous Frank).

Too bad, they didn't get enough interest in the Sunday's fun night.

11. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

My partners were Gordon, Rick, Chee, and hmm... I think Francis? Those are the names I remembered. Gordon is pretty good given his return to the game in just 2 months. I was very surprised and had a hard time facing him twice, but thanks to him, the first game was a cakewalk cuz he's my first partner:D.

About the advanced group, I didn't get all their names but Robert L. caught my attention.

12. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

nah, I am too lazy to plan so far ahead:D. Only have the 'fire' in the heat of the game, generally pretty laidback afterwards:p.

13. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! Nope... he was duking it out on the advance court. Oh, and don't believe him when he says that he doesn't like to smash... I saw alot of heat coming from his end of the court:D. Very energetic and highly competitive. Man, watching him play made me wished I was 18 again:(.

14. SmashingBird

I think in cappy's group was :Rick, Chee, Francis, Richard, Joe, Gordan, and Kitty?
    in my group, there was : Frank, Ken, Keith, Robert .K, Robert .L, Steven, and Steve.
    I got the luck of playing AGAINST Frank TWICE....played against him/Ken in the opening match. I think the draw was rigid against me and wwcbro. At least dinner was good.

edit: Actually, I played against Frank THREE times, in the finals as well.

#54 SmashingBird, Mar 5, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2004
  15. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Robert L (there are actually two Robert L at the club but it being a Thursday, I would assume that it is the older Robert L that you talking about) is good (uses Winex) ;). Surprising he prefers nylon birds over feathers as he thinks the nylons are more consistent from one to the next as compared to feathers.

As for SmashingBird, he has improved quite a lot over the first time that I saw him played. He's definitely gotten a lot faster (i.e. footwork is better) and also concentration is much better than before.

16. SmashingBird

You mean I was struggling hard in the higher beginners court. Heh, smashing gives me too much shoulder pain, usually I smash once or twice a night(Once again, you can ask wwcbro for proof) but since last night, it was a tournament, I just had to try everything. I think you enjoy yourself quite a bit, it was a fun tournament wasn't it? besides the part where they rig the draw:D I will try to find the group photo and upload it.

17. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    So who won the advanced group? Or did I just read over all the messages too quickly?? :D

18. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

WWC,

I was pleasantly surprised to hear a familiar accent from your brother:). Were you guys from Malaysia? Which part? I think I still got relatives in JB, KL and Seramban.

19. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

I think we're talking about the same Robert L. Tall middle-aged gentleman who wears glasses, white Polo shirt and shorts. He's very impressive in the games I watched. He really prefers nylon?! Man, after I got used to feathers... I don't think I would want to go back to nylon. Heck! I have just started searching online for quality feathers at a good price. However, it's true though... can't beat plastic birdies for durability and consistency.

20. SmashingBird

Do they sound alike? I never realized that..hahah..but they sure don't look alike. LOL, they are both good tho, hahaha.